- Saint Paul, MN
For nearly three decades, our client has been the market leader in portable sanitation and temporary climate control. They provide portable sanitation for commercial, construction, industrial, agricultural, special events and disaster relief, as well as heating and air conditioning rentals for special events and construction.
The HR Manager will be responsible for managing HRIS systems, employee benefits, vendor relationships, and recruitment efforts, and will play an integral part in fostering employee engagement. They will have one direct report, an HR Generalist, who oversees things such as payroll and day to day HR activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead HR Generalist, provide oversight on day to day responsibilities.
- Encourage and promote core values.
- Administers employee benefit programs such as group insurance, life, medical, dental, and disability insurance, retirement benefits, and FMLA benefits.
- Prepare and setup meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs.
- Maintain relationship between company and insurance vendors and act as a liaison when needed.
- Manages and contributes to recruitment activities and strategy.
- Maintains data base of applicants, applications of employment and correspondence to applicants per departmental standards.
- Prescreen applicants for various hiring managers.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations when necessary.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Work closely with management to identify training needs, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Oversee preparation and maintenance of employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially and verifications, I-9 status and State and Federal regulations.
- Maintain and update employee handbook, provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Oversee payroll and retirement plan files and collection of payroll data, correspondence and reports.
- Maintain EEOC compliance.
- Administer Workers Compensation Claims, maintain claims, follow employee while under special restrictions or accommodations.
- Clerical and administrative tasks as needed.
Education and Experience
- 4 year undergraduate degree
- 3+ years' experience in Human Resource position
- Experience administering employee benefit plans and compensation plans
- Experience with full-cycle recruitment and building recruitment strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills both oral and written
- Strong understanding of state and federal requirements and regulations
- Computer literate with the ability to learn software applications
- Ability to use a computer in a Windows based environment
Wednesday, December 23, 2020