Director of Print Production
- Minneapolis, MN
The Director of Print Production leads all Press Departments, PreMedia and Planning. He/She ensures the highest quality of work output at the lowest cost, while meeting expected delivery requirements. He or she will strategically strive for full automation, contribute and train on manufacturing objectives for quality, productivity and service. They will make recommendations on process improvements, techniques and equipment to create an environment that achieves world class production standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct supervision, prioritize, schedule and delegate work in the following departments assuring full coverage on all functions. Digital Pressroom (Web and Cutsheet); Offset Pressroom (Web and Sheetfed); PreMedia Planning
- Identify, lead and support file processing automation in PreMedia and Digital variable data workflows.
- Identify and lead all opportunities for “Lights Out” Print on Demand production from client order to printed product.
- High Speed Roll to Roll Inkjet experience to be utilized in our workflow, standard work, SOP creation and quality output with at the highest speeds and quality.
- Automate ballot front end and production workflow for seamless system integration.
- Utilize tools within ERP system, Online Portal and variable data workflows to automate and streamline order entry, production and customer experience.
- Develop, train, audit and continually improve Secure Mailing processes and procedures to eliminate possibility of sensitive data breach.
- Lead cross functional teams to ensure continuous improvement in processes, quality and productivity while reducing costs.
- Research new equipment and software for improving processes across departments, manage any press equipment installation process utilizing prior experience and resources as a guide.
- Coordinate and lead department meetings with SeaChange software and methods to achieve long term goals.
- Develop and analyze KPI’s. Communicate expectations, goals and performance to all direct reports.
- Regular one on one’s and performance reviews with direct reports to support and/or address any training or improvement opportunities.
- Maintain technical competencies, remain current in available technology and industry changes
- Ensure completion of required records, paperwork and documentation for departments and direct reports
- Act as a technical resource to internal and external customers; address and resolve inquiries and issues.
- Set and manage compliance with all safety work rules and regulations, and adherence to department housekeeping standard.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Digital print leadership experience with emphasis on roll to roll inkjet, roll to finishing, inkjet and cutsheet toner.
- Must have experience with Enfocus Switch, Digital Print Workflows, Fuji XMF or similar and Print ERP systems.
- PHI and sensitive data management experience.
- G7 Color Certification or experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the printing industry, high quality standards, mature judgement, strong communication skill and organizational work habits.
- Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and the Internet.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
Ballot production experience preferred. Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma experience, training or certifications preferred. An Associate Degree in printing or related field or a High School diploma/GED along with the equivalent industry related experience and training. This position requires, or may require, access to “Client-Sensitive” data, PHI/ePHI access or authorization. Mandatory security training as well as background/drug screen/credit check will be implemented.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
SeaChange is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The Company’s policy is to hold all employees accountable for keeping our workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that we provide equal employment opportunity for all in our workforce and for those seeking to enter our workforce. We not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package for eligible employees including options for Health, Dental, Vision and Voluntary Life products in addition to a 401(k) plan with company match. The Company also provides Short Term and Long Term Disability and Life products to eligible employees as well as eight paid holidays, PTO and more.
Tuesday, June 29, 2021