- Minneapolis, MN, United States
CorTalent has been retained by a company in the Twin Cities who's seeking their next Sales Leader. This organization is a growing leader in their industry serving as a premium equipment manufacturer. As a small, privately held organization, the opportunity to make an impact is tremendous.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience selling to technical professionals in the food production industry. This leader will have a team of 4, so balancing between leading a team and finding business is key. Someone with executive presence and industry experience is ideal.
Are you a go-getter with a ""make it happen"" attitude?
Are you positive and uplift your team and others around you? Do you help the organization improve by developing strong sales processes?
Are you entrepreneurial or invest your employer as if it's your own business?
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of selling technical equipment and parts
- 5 or more years managing a salesforce
- Demonstrated track record of consistent revenue growth through sales team hiring, development, and training
- Experience building a sales process with a 3+ month sales cycle
- Proven expertise selling engineered solutions, components and parts ranging from $100 to more than $5 million
- Depth of experience reviewing and negotiating complex contracts
- Open to travel up to 25% domestically
- Strong communicator email, phone, presentations, etc.
- Sales Team Growth and Management
- Responsible for team of 4; drive recruiting, hiring, and onboarding strategies
- Assess current sales team performance
- Create, execute, and communicate a strategy for the sales team that aligns with leadership's goals
- Hold accountable sales for their area of expertise spare parts, components, and systems
- Perform joint calls and visits with sales members to secure and develop strategic accounts and opportunities
- Engage in 1:1 meetings with sales team to develop skills, manage performance, and assist with career development
- Assist sales team with contract review and negotiations
- Proactively manage customer satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential customer service problems and monitoring customer satisfaction
- Create interest and urgency with clients
- Demonstrate understanding of companies strategy, profitability, and operations
- Serve on management team of 8
- Embrace mindset of continuous improvement
- Provide professional representation in communications and interactions across the company, the industry, and community
- Translate vision and strategy of company into sales strategies and initiatives that directly drive desired sales activities and results
- Follow processes and requirements by working within guidelines established by the organization and industry
- Provide regular, open and transparent communications with leadership regarding successes, challenges, and changes
- Stay aligned with leadership on goals, strategies, processes, and key decisions
- Sales Operating System
- Define and track sales activity leading and lagging indicators that provide visibility into team and individual effectiveness throughout the sales process
- Drive the Sales Operating System, including:
- Sales process and reporting, including mission-critical activities such as account planning
- Activity expectations
- Routine meetings
- Systems such as CRM, quoting tools, and forecasting spreadsheets
- Key measures including annual goals and monthly milestones
- Financial Management
- Forecast short and long range plans and objectives that support the growth goals
- Set expense expectations; approve and manage team expenses
- Understand and adhere to business unit profitability standards
- Assist in enhancements to rewards and compensation programs
Thursday, August 1, 2019