- Fargo, ND
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for assisting in supporting, leading and managing advanced research efforts to improve operational excellence throughout the enterprise. This position will work with the AR team and all locations to define, document and prioritize potential solutions for improvements.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and automation environments through continuous research and identify those needed to meet enterprise strategies/goals
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop test plans and support the execution of those test plans
- Collaborate with local Equipment teams to identify areas of opportunity and support capital equipment procurement
- Support development of equipment and process specifications
- Support the development of a training plan to integrate new technologies throughout the enterprise
- Identify suppliers to meet growth and new technology needs
- Support the standardization of all mechanical and controls hardware components to provide the best performance for the application in a cost-effective manner
- Assist in the design of new equipment, participate in vendor / internal reviews and assist with set-up and training on new equipment (maintenance and operator).
- This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to work well in a cross functional team environment, and the ability to be a mentor to others while working on related projects.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Two-years of PLC and production machine trouble-shooting for all levels of automated equipment strongly preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software (ICIM) and experience with the full Microsoft Office Suite
Friday, March 18, 2022