- Minneapolis, MN
Are you looking for a role that blends your passion for working with your hands with your ability to provide service to residents? Do you enjoy property preventive maintenance? Do you thrive in a small company environment?
If you found yourself saying "YES", you might be just the right fit!
This position is primarily responsible for assuring resident satisfaction, convenience, and safety through upkeep of the property/community, which includes property preventive maintenance, repair, replacement, rehabs, and inspection on a timely basis.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct routine inspections of construction to determine acceptable design, workmanship and materials are used, and that contract provisions and applicable codes are met.
- Prepare contract revisions in coordination with business manager to ensure budget requirements are being met.
- Interpret and explain the appropriate codes, regulations, and contract to recipients, contractors, builders, and other interested parties.
- Conduct pre-construction conferences with contractors including preparation of documents.
- Coordinate the installation of carpet and appliances as well as other functions related to completing construction, enforcing all warranty work.
- Oversee all necessary license and permit records for contractors.
- Maintain records and documentation of inspections and other work performed. Compile data and submit written and/or oral reports as necessary.
- Coordinate rehabilitation, special projects, and bulk purchases such as, but not limited to appliances, lighting, plumbing and special heating/cooling items.
- Perform/supervise the completion of property maintenance or repairs as needed or requested by residents and/or property management staff. Property maintenance or repair duties may include HVAC, plumbing, electrical, keys and locks, appliances, lighting systems, carpentry, etc.
- Perform/supervise the completion of duties to turn apartment, ensuring that move-in standards are met.
- Coordinate snow removal policies with business manager and contractor to ensure resident safety and satisfaction standards are being met.
- Schedule, coordinate, and supervise work of outside vendors.
- Maintain compliance and coordination with local, state, property and company safety regulations. Coordinate with police, fire, and utility inspectors.
- Maintain compliance and coordination with local, state, property, and company safety regulations, including OSHA as applicable.
- Monitor and inspect buildings for cleanliness, work with vendors to ensure the community is up to standards.
- Maintain and safeguard confidential information
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Perform other related duties as requested by supervisor.
Job Qualification Standards
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 4+ years maintenance experience preferred.
- Special Engineers License preferred.
- Certified Pool Operators (CPO) certification preferred.
- EPA Refrigerant handling, Refrigerant Recovery and Handling certification preferred.
- Ability to work from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches.
- Ability to protect and maintain sensitive and confidential resident, prospect, and property information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read and interpret information as well as communicate effectively with all levels of employees, clients, and vendors.
- The ability to complete projects in a timely manner with a well-developed sense of urgency, high attention to detail, and follow-through skills.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills with the ability to work well independently and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Ability to follow instructions, respond well to management direction, receive feedback, and take accountability for work product.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize, coordinate, track, and complete multiple tasks as well as adjust to changing priorities.
- Follow and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to be flexible, receptive, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to maintain punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the willingness and ability to learn new and evolving technology as necessary.
- Alignment with our core values, including passion for the position’s responsibilities, demonstrable humility and commitment to learning, high level of personal and professional integrity, commitment to excellence, a positive disposition, and the ability to take initiative and make effective recommendations.
- Ability to deal tactfully with residents, owners, managers and other staff members, vendors and the general public.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, access to a vehicle, and the state- mandated level of insurance.
Physical Requirements (based on essential responsibilities):
Must be able to continuously perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
Make assessments of equipment based upon sight, touch and smell (maintenance and preventive maintenance, etc.).
Must be able to frequently perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Push and/or pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds (e.g. tools, toolbox, paint buckets, appliances, furniture, snow blower, shovel, ladder, etc.).
- Lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Use hands and arms for simple to moderately difficult manipulation such as wiring, carrying objects, sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles such as walking and stooping.
- Perform tasks which require foot and/or hand-eye coordination such as driving a vehicle, operation of power tools and equipment, etc.
- Able to withstand heights over eight feet while performing roofing, gutter, and other exterior maintenance responsibilities as well as changing high area light bulbs.
- Walk, stand and squat while performing general repair work, including repair of sinks, dishwashers, disposals, etc.
- Stand for prolonged periods while performing essential functions of the position.
- Climb stairs (some properties include three story walk-up buildings) and ladders while changing light bulbs, painting, etc.
- Kneel while performing cabinetry, pool and plumbing, etc. tasks.
Must be able to operate:
- Key cutter, torches, various hand and power tools, ladders, electrical meters and testers, refrigeration gauges, lock pinning and picker tools, drain augers.
- Hand trucks, pallet jacks.
- Motorized vehicle, lawn mower and tractor, snow removal equipment.
The Maintenance Supervisor works indoors in a climate-controlled environment approximately fifty percent of the time. The Maintenance Supervisor will be exposed to seasonal conditions in outside weather approximately fifty percent of the time while performing external maintenance tasks. May experience extreme temperatures: lowest cold temperature approximately-20 degrees Fahrenheit and highest hot temperature approximately 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Maintenance Supervisor may also be exposed to:
- Oil while performing small engine and appliance repair.
- Hazardous materials including pool and cleaning chemicals, paints, pesticides, lubricants, refrigerants, etc.
- Dust while working in garage areas, changing filters, etc.
- Loud noises (e.g. key cutting, power tools, boiler and pool pump room).
- Electrical and/or maintenance hazards.
- Burns while performing repairs with torches and certain chemicals.
- Blood, body tissue and/or fluids.
Friday, April 23, 2021