- Woodridge, IL, United States
The Service Manager is responsible for managing the daily operation of the service department and the warehouse. The person in this position will provide these services at the Standby Power System Consultants facility.
The Service Manager reports to the Director of Technical Services.
- Scheduling of service work with customers.
- Ordering of job materials.
- Fielding emergency calls and deploying technicians
- Creation of work plans, method of procedures, safe work plans, JSA and other documentation for service work.
- Provide job details for creation of work orders.
- Receive and check in product inventory and job materials. Prepare outgoing shipments as needed.
- Maintain product inventory lists for projects.
- Maintain battery charge schedule and records.
- Perform charging and testing of batteries in the warehouse.
- Create, review, submit customer test reports and other deliverables. Close out job documents.
- Maintain office warehouse.
- Maintain fleet vehicles including DOT requirements.
- Schedule calibration of test equipment.
- Oversee maintenance of test equipment.
- Maintain battery recycling records, prepare batteries for recycle and schedule pick-ups.
- Maintain technician safety training schedule.
- Notify customer service when jobs are complete and can be invoiced. Create time and material billing sheets when appropriate.
- Track all service contracts.
- Interact with subcontractors for receiving quotes, issuing purchase orders, scheduling work, etc.
- Prepare service work quotes.
- Perform job costing.
- Oversee customer specific technician requirements for training, badging, keys, etc.
- Review/approve technicians timesheets, credit card receipts, reimbursements.
- Maintain material handling equipment (forklift, pallet jacks, lifts, carts, etc.)
- Maintain safety equipment/PPE supplies.
- Assist with onboarding new technicians as needed.
- Proactively stays up to date on safety training, compliance and knowledge of HAZ MAT and DOT requirements.
- Perform other assignments as assigned.
Monday, May 24, 2021