Territory Sales Manager
- Edina, MN
Are you looking for a role that balances your technical knowledge with your sales capabilities? Our client, HM Cragg, is seeking a sales professional to proactively develop sales and marketing strategies, business relationships, expand the customer base and respond to existing customer needs and inquiries in partnership with other HM Cragg sales teams.
HM Cragg, is a 100% employee-owned company with an extremely impressive growth history with stock ownership increases of over 100% in the past 10 years!
The Territory Sales Manager role is an outside, customer facing job, responsible for developing and driving HM Cragg's sales and marketing strategy around enterprise and colocation data center, industrial and manufacturing, EDGE/Infrastructure/IoT, commercial and industrial power quality products including UPS and VRLA/Li Ion battery systems, switchgear and panel boards, busway and busduct, PDU's and RPP's, IT and industrial enclosures, ePDU's, 1P UPS and accessories, energy management and monitoring systems and related services.
This role requires excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a variety of concurrent tasks and information all while providing the necessary follow up and follow through to deliver an exceptional level of customer service to existing, new and prospective customers.
Reporting Relationship: The Territory Sales Manager reports to the Director, AC Power Sales
- Closely partners with enterprise datacenter and colocation facility operators and their representatives, General and Electrical installing contractors, consulting engineers and channel partners including electrical distributors
- Supports business development opportunities by networking and mapping new and existing customers' organizations, bridging relationships with procurement, facilities managers to IT managers and other stake-holders
- Drives specification and preference of HM Cragg's suite of product and service solutions
- Identifies and establishes business partnerships with contractors, distributors and consulting engineers involved in the specification, procurement and installation of these products
- Drives all process steps for the entire sales cycle- marketing and engagement activities, prospecting, client acquisition and development, opportunity qualification, product and services specification, pricing/proposal, order management, delivery, start up and turn over
- Quickly responds to customer issues, engages appropriate support in a timely fashion
- Acts as a trusted adviser, has a high level of domain knowledge in order to develop client-specific plans for moves, adds and changes to their existing infrastructure
- Reviews technical and engineering documentation, specifications, drawings and schematics
- Generates pricing quotation, comprehensive proposal and submittal documentation, performs all necessary follow-up functions
- Makes presentations and recommendations that demonstrate value-add and cost benefits to customer's stakeholders, C- Suite, Directors and Managers, facility, IT, operations, property management
- Effectively use TDF or other CRM tools to manage account activity and communications with other HMC sales personnel
- Is an active member of MN trade associations e.g. NCEL, AFCOM
- Other duties as assigned
- A technical aptitude with strong motivation toward continuous education
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and superior listening skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products including Teams, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required- CRM software proficiency preferred
- Knowledge of datacenter, computer room, network closet and EDGE network physical layer systems and components- e.g. IT enclosures and racks, single and three phase UPS, batteries, cooling, management, power distribution
- Possesses a hunter's DNA- loves selling and direct customer interactions, a proven, ambitious self-starter with the sense of urgency required to be successful in an energetic, fast paced environment
Education and Experience:
- 4 year college or university degree, Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years experience in a previous selling role, Power Quality experience preferred
- Or business to business direct sales
Travel expectations: Travel within and outside of the geography is necessary
H.M Cragg is a E-Verify Employer ( verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees).
Wednesday, April 14, 2021