Business Development Manager
- Minnetonka, MN
CorTalent has been retained by a small, quickly growing client adding a Business Development Manager to their team. The organization has a new product that has high opportunity (and gaining market share quickly) due to the need and urgency in the market. With the green field available, you could sell into a variety of industries depending on the sales strategy.
In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and developing sales opportunities within a designated geographic territory. Specifically, you will be responsible for assessing opportunities, developing account plans, contract negotiations, and post sales management with the largest current and prospective customers.
You will have a variety of resources including an assigned Business Development Representative to support lead generation and market research, as well dedicated individuals for pricing and proposals. By taking on this role, you are setting yourself up for limitless potential, while joining a team united in their passion for the company’s mission.
You are driven, self-motivated, and eager to make a positive impact. The executive leadership team is made up of advocates with decades of experience driving innovation in industries like healthcare, pharmaceutical research, and public safety. The perfect addition would be a team player with proven ability to listen, extrapolate information and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to meet customer/prospect needs.
You are entrepreneurial and looking to help build the business by increasing efficiencies and optimization. The ability to perform within a fast-paced, results-driven, dynamic, and highly collaborative work environment is key to success in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years of sales experience with customers of varied account sizes, preferably in pharmaceutical, healthcare, or government.
- Demonstrated success in closing & growing sales with existing clients
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prospect accounts, manage accounts, and close deals
- Proficiency with MS Office (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) and contact management software (i.e. SalesForce.com)
- Ability to travel to trade shows and customer sites as needed
- Working collaboratively with the team to establish a region business plan to meet and exceed access
- Establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential referral sources to ensure steady stream of referrals.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strategic and tactical business planning and execution
- Manage sales/revenue goals and expectations
- Experience in planning marketing/sales strategies and promotional efforts among different vertical markets
- Generate sales per assigned territory according to annual compensation plan and account growth strategy plan.
- Develop strategies and tactics to exceed objectives as noted within the regional business plan and prepare and present an annual territory plan
- Prepare and present weekly update reports analyzing each market vertical potential, and the company’s product’s market share, challenges/opportunities.
- Consistently demonstrate strong product knowledge and ability to articulate the value proposition.
- Prospect for new business – this includes networking, cold calling, database & web research.
- Proactively identifying, cultivating, and securing new clients through industry contacts, relationships, research and targeted initiatives (includes: calling, mailings, tradeshow presence and other appropriate means).
- Developing an understanding of targeted vertical segments and customers in those segments to anticipate current and future sales opportunities.
- Maintaining detailed account profiles and activities, including statistics, forecasts, and reports; and update management on account status, business opportunities on a regular basis.
Thursday, August 26, 2021