- Maitland, FL
Our client out of Maitland, FL has retained CorTalent to assist them in finding an Operations Manager to join their team.
They owe their success to the efficiency of our organizational processes. To help maintain and grow this standard, we're seeking an experienced Operations Manager to oversee daily property activities. As an ideal candidate, you’ll have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity. You’ll be highly skilled in human resources, finance, and IT management. Additionally, you’ll display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within your team. Your ultimate responsibility is to increase our operational efficiency in the operations department.
- Manages staff activities and performance, ensuring their thorough understanding of operations, policies, and procedures by on-going coaching, counseling and training.
- Develops and solidifies positive relationships with clients and vendors.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity.
- Overall responsibility to ensure scope of operational services are consistent with client agreements.
- Manage the daily operations of commercial and residential real estate portfolio, with the goal of providing superior customer service to our clients and property customers.
- Lead, motivate, and support a diverse team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports and problem resolution.
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service.
- Develops and implements recommendations to position client properties at their highest and best operational use.
- Oversees the preparation of and administration of property budgets; preparation of forecasts; explanation of variances. Overall responsibility of financial performance of customer properties.
- Ensure monthly client property inspections are completed and guidance is provided to operations team on all building maintenance and operational issues.
- Oversees project coordinators handling of tenant and capital improvements, including reviewing plans, understanding the bid process, vendor selection criteria, and walk-through procedure.
- Monitors operations team handling of receivables, payables, and lease administration.
- Ensures operations team provides prompt service call response, timely processing of work orders and customer service survey results.
- Weekly travel to properties to train account managers on property inspections and to review craftmanship on repair and maintenance projects.
- Establishing strong vendor partnerships that are mutually beneficial in delivering low cost, high value maintenance and repairs on properties.
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization.
- Performs other similar responsibilities as required.
Job Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position.
- Strong financial reporting understanding.
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of real estate operations and customer service.
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes.
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to understand and develop procedural and object-based programs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, reach with arms and hands, and lift up to 50 pounds. There are no special vision requirements.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
Thursday, July 8, 2021