Personal Lines Service Agent (PSA)
Responsible for the sales and service of personal lines insurance and risk management products by advising prospects and current clients on various insurance products after assessing their needs, goals and risk tolerance and melding that with products and services that meet and exceed client expectations based on industry and product knowledge and experience. To accomplish assigned goals, the PSA will work variable hours to regularly meet with current and prospective clients during the workweek, and occasionally in the evening and on weekends-creating a high level of autonomy and independence.
1. Meet with current and prospective clients, typically in person or over the phone, and discuss and collect insurance information and needs
2. Analyze collected information from current and prospective clients and compare, contrast, and evaluate products and then individualize advice and strategies for each client based upon their current and desired status, risk tolerance, needs, objectives, and goals
3. Provide individualized advice and recommendations to current and prospective clients on the purchase of insurance products-explaining and discussing with clients the advantages and disadvantages of various coverages and coverage options, including costs, risks, and benefits of each.
4. Structure transactions to ensure they result in the maximum benefit for the clients, while also conforming with the laws, regulations, and requirements governing the insurance industry.
5. Makes sales of insurance products
6. Engage in promotion and business development activities, including marketing, servicing, and promoting of insurance and services-making yourself visible to the public to attract, meet, and retain current and prospective clients and gain the opportunity to explain and promote risk management products offered by our organization
7. Develop business by contacting or networking with current or prospective clients and by developing and maintaining relationships with sources of leads and referrals.
8. Make in-person calls on, or attend social functions with, COINS and other potential sources of referrals
9. Regular attendance as scheduled
10. All other job duties as assigned
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Customer or Personal Service experience (3 years)
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time)
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, mail, etc.
• Ability to read standard typed documents
• Ability to travel is required
The job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.