- Kirkland, WA
Do you have extensive knowledge of construction and land development? Are you passionate about leading and developing people? If you have a passion for building high-end, design-inspired homes in a semi production environment, enjoy managing multiple priorities, and naturally take the initiative to get things done, this job may be right for you.
Our client, a highly reputable single-family home builder operating on Seattle’s East Side, is looking for a General Manager that will report directly to the President. They build high-end spec homes and have a hard working, experienced, and collaborative crew with a culture of personal accountability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
General Job Duties:
- Leads, Manages, and is Accountable for the overall team and provides clarity on company vision as it relates to their day-to-day activities.
- Oversees all Project Management activities and is responsible for the overall schedule of the company portfolio.
- Reviews company wide and department specific processes and procedures and leads team through continuous improvement efforts or changes.
- Holds the Leadership Team accountable with to-dos and deliverables.
- Accountable for overall P&L, in conjunction with the President.
- Oversee construction operations at a high-level.
- Working with the construction operations team ensure building times are maintained versus template to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Create an environment where high standards of customer service are maintained as measured.
- Create an environment where high standards of safety are maintained, ensuring compliance with OSHA rules and regulations.
- Responsible for controlling costs, achieving budgeted margins, and improving financial performance. Signs off on construction budgets.
- Track status of portfolio of development projects, including status of schedules and budget issues, construction & other field issues, personnel, subcontractor, or vendor issues.
- Ensures team conducts constructability reviews, development reviews, architectural reviews, design reviews, pre-construction reviews and budget reviews.
- Working with the President and Construction Teams to manage direct construction costs by looking for vendors and subcontractors that offer superior or equal products and performance at a lower cost.
- In conjunction with President, responsible for developing strategies to maximize revenues and gross margins and minimize costs and expenses.
- Responsible for developing strategies and actions that maximized financial performance, including return metrics.
- Assists with the preparation of budgets. Accountable for monitoring and controlling operational costs.
- Using market research and competitive analysis, ensure our product offering is compelling and appropriate for each community to maximize our financial performance
- Ensure materials, colors and options are remain innovative and competitive.
- Approves interior designs and selections.
Sales, Marketing, and Customer Care:
- Establish and monitor customer care policies, processes, and procedures to ensure homebuyer satisfaction; resolve any outstanding customer complaints and seek ways to improve customer survey results and customer referrals.
- Working with the sales team, create sales and pricing strategies to maximize financial performance.
- Stay abreast of market dynamics and changing sales strategies of our competitors.
- Work with the marketing team to establish and maintain marketing programs to drive sales traffic to meet division sales projections.
- Work with President to set land acquisition strategy for the market and work with the land acquisition team to effectively implement this strategy.
- Involve yourself in major development issues including working with professional firms, local jurisdictions, and site contractors as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibility and Leadership:
- Discuss with President/Owner on a weekly basis corporate goals, vision for growth, construction activities, budgetary issues/constraints etc.
- Works with President to set annual company goals and department-specific goals.
- Manages team of project managers, including Development Mgr., Preconstruction Mgr., Purchaser, Field Operations Mgr. & Warranty Manager with goal setting, annual reviews and quarterly conversations.
- Responsible for ensuring the Company’s policies and procedures are known and divisional personnel comply.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with accountabilities in high-level operations and leadership within Construction or similar industries.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for a residential home builder.
- Preferred functional expertise in several areas (i.e. Customer Service, Project Management, Land Development, Finance, Construction, Purchasing).
- Demonstrate ability to manage in a team environment to consistently meet deadlines.
- Takes initiative in problem solving and collaborative decision-making.
Monday, September 20, 2021