Inside DC Power Sales
- Chicago, IL
HM Cragg and Standby Power Systems Consultants (SPSC) has an exciting new opportunity for an Inside Technical Sales Specialist to join its fast-growing team! This position will play a pivotal role in servicing the existing customer base, developing custom critical power solutions and assisting in acquiring new market share. The individual in this role will work directly with the SPSC DC Power Sales Manager, the Business Development Manager and Senior Technical Advisor and Customer Service/Office Manager. The individual will interface with Field Engineers and Integration Project Managers to learn the DC Power, Stationary Battery, Energy Storage, and Power Conversion Sales and Applications of this business and to explore ways to find, engage, and develop critical power system solutions for existing and customers. This is a rare opportunity to receive direct coaching and development to further one's career as an Inside Technical Sales Specialist.
The Inside DC Power Sales Specialist will deliver exceptional technical and applications support to existing customers, create timely and accurate quotes along with system design solutions, and provide customer service and account management for on-going business relationships with Utility customers and their contractors, Telecom customers, and Data Center and Mission Critical Facility customers in the assigned territory of Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, N.W. Indiana as well as key electric utility accounts in Philadelphia, PA and Baltimore, MD.
The DC Power Sales Engineer reports to the VP of Sales & Marketing with a direct working relationship to the SPSC DC Power Sales Manager, Business Development Manager and Senior Technical Advisor and the Customer Service/Office Manager.
- Learn the DC Power, Stationary Battery, Energy Storage and Power Conversion product, applications, and service solutions line; research and receive training as appropriate
- Provide design and system solutions, grow revenue, and meet gross margin targets
- Design, select and size systems based on customer specifications and requirements
- Prepare and deliver customer quotations, proposals, and studies
- Provide customer service support to customer base regarding customer order status, vendor and manufacturer's order acknowledgements, and delivery status and scheduling.
- Become proficient in use of Company technology, supplier portals, and ERP systems for all sales tools used to create customer proposals, bill of materials, purchase orders and sales orders.
- Become proficient in use of supplier portals for all sales tools used to create customer proposals and to enter and track customer orders.
- Develop business relationships with key supplier personnel to ensure products and services are efficiently built and delivered as required by customers
- Troubleshoot product and service-related issues by being the bridge between customers and manufacturers
- Coordinate customer warranty issues
- Strong emphasis on proactive communication with VP Sales and Marketing, DC Power Sales Manager and the Business Development Manager & Senior Technical Advisor, and Customer Service/Office Manager informing of any important developments with vendors or customers
- Maintain accurate quote logs
- Maintain excellent organization and up to date records
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Some knowledge of Stationary Batteries, Energy Storage, Power Conversion Equipment (UPS, Chargers, Inverters and Converters), DC Power Plants and Systems, Telecom applications, Switchgear and Control applications, and Data Center and Mission Critical Facilty applications preferred; strong ability to quickly learn required
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to create technical proposals.
- DC and AC power fundamentals
- Energy Storage system fundamentals
- Solid computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Outlook and Office products
- Desire to be in a technical sales role
- Desire to learn and to grow skill sets
- Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally
- Good organization skills
- Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning and communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrates servant leadership principles with internal and external customers
- Demonstrates innovation/creativity in work
- Possesses strong work ethic and takes ownership of both company and client goals/objectives
- Focused on understanding, meeting, and exceeding customer expectations
- Focused on collaboration and teamwork for the mutual success of the company and its employees
Education and Experience:
- 2-year degree or equivalent experience
- Very infrequent overnight travel
Tuesday, December 7, 2021