- Minnetonka, MN
The Outside Sales Manager position will model our clients’ mission, vision, and values each day, functioning as a guide for daily accountabilities and responsibilities. This role has the ultimate responsibility of managing Account Executives and the pipeline of active opportunities as well as supporting the identification and advancement of finding new clients. This individual will be responsible for enhancing sales productivity and driving profitable growth through building, coaching, and developing the outside sales team, identifying, and advancing growth opportunities, and the execution of customer-specific sales strategies.
You will be a part of a team of high-performing leaders who push each other to be better. There is immense opportunity to grow into this role and organization as it continues to scale. Someone who is motivated by growth, evolution, and high-class customer experience, this is an opportunity for you.
If you’re looking to join an inclusive culture with strong leadership to assist with your career growth, this is the position for you. Our client highly values giving back to the community and environment, creating positive change whenever possible. You will be in an atmosphere based on open communication and a fun loving yet hard-working team.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University with courses in Sales, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field.
- 8+ years of sales or management experience.
- Top-notch communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, executives, and other employees of the organization.
- Proven success using data and analysis to drive decision making.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions of customer requirements. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Provide an optimal work environment through relevant, intentional tools, and professional programs.
- This role is accomplished by holding face to face or virtual coaching to aid in the growth and development of each team member.
- This role will demonstrate the clients core values and culture through positive interactions with each team member.
- Concisely communicate between the operation, administration, and sales teams to advocate for team, client, and overall business needs.
- Keep the company informed on client concerns, areas of interest, and significant changes within the sales teams.
- Prepare and submit week or monthly reports on activities, forecasts, planning, etc.
- Continue personal development in the areas of sales (25%), business (25%), and management (50%) acumen.
- COACHING AND DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNTABILITES (40%):
- Maintain a disciplined sales process
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with outside sales team to drive accountability, develop skills, manage performance, problem solve, help motivate, and adjust when needed.
- Observe and coach sales team during customer visits, virtual meetings, and conversations.
- TEAM MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTABILITIES (30%)
- Continually recruit new hires to meet sales team growth goals.
- Manage the selection and onboarding process for new outside sales team members, delivering an effective and efficient onboarding program.
- Execute capacity planning by providing sales resources for the outside sales team and implementing standards with adjustments as needed.
- SYSTEMS AND PROCESS ACCOUNTABILITIES (15%)
- Manage and maintain sales process and reporting, including pipeline and forecasting reports.
- Ensure the sales planning process is consistently and effectively followed.
- Establish an initial baseline for pipeline, major opportunities, risks, key needs, and challenges.
- Ensure the outside sales team is providing adequate information to effectively hand-off new customers to the inside sales team to support.
- LEADERSHIP ACCOUNTABILITIES (15%)
- Report the progress of the sales function as a company leader.
- Recognize market trends, market intelligence, and competitive information in anticipation of understanding customer needs.
- Remain aligned with company goals, strategies, processes, and key decisions.
- Drive the sales team to accomplish goals by developing, communicating, and executing a clear and focused sales strategy for the team.
Monday, October 4, 2021