- Edina, MN
Our client is a boutique Minneapolis (Edina) law firm nationally known for its innovative work in the areas of brand concept growth and protection, multi-unit retail/franchising and distribution, and corporate finance. Our attorneys share their clients' entrepreneurial spirit, and because many of them combine legal expertise with professional training in finance or taxation, they can provide the caliber of service that truly makes us "More Than a Law Firm."
The Marketing Director drives the firm’s marketing functions under the direction and supervision of the firm’s Administrator and Marketing Committee.
- PROPOSALS: Manages the firm’s RFP submission process, including drafting responses, coordinating attorney involvement, and maintaining proposal archive for ongoing reference.
- CLIENT RESEARCH: Performs market research on prospective and existing clients.
- ARCHIVE: Maintains file (hard copy and/or electronic) of all news articles involving firm attorneys or firm cases. Maintains marketing exemplar file, coordinates reprints of articles, ads, etc.
- MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY: Works with full attorney group to identify firm marketing and business development goals, and develop corresponding strategy. Analyzes marketing and business development opportunities and makes recommendations to attorney group and Marketing Committee. Works with attorneys to develop and implement individual marketing and business development plans.
- MARKETING COMMITTEE SUPPORT: Works with Marketing Committee to execute firm marketing and business development strategy. Sets up, plans, and attends Marketing Committee meetings; takes minutes, including action items; follows-up with Committee members on assigned tasks.
- PRACTICE AREA GROUP SUPPORT: Sets up, attends and participates in practice area meetings to discuss marketing and business development programs and initiatives; takes minutes, including action items; follows-up with practice area participants on assigned tasks.
- MARKETING COACHING AND TRAINING: Develops and implements firm core curriculum. Sets up and teaches marketing and business development education training sessions. Sets up and leads individual coaching sessions to discuss core curriculum and individual marketing and business development plans; follows-up with participants on progress.
- CLE MATERIALS: Prepares material for attorney CLEs and other speaking opportunities, including PowerPoint presentations.
- GETTING NEWS OUT: Attends monthly attorney meetings and meets quarterly with attorneys to gather newsworthy items for potential press releases, periodical announcements, or website updates. Maintains mailing list of legal news contacts and submits press releases or firm announcement items, as directed. Shares newsworthy updates within the firm.
- WEB SITE: Keeps website regularly updated by working with attorneys on bios and practice area descriptions; makes recommendations for areas of improvement. Serves as liaison with web-design company for all website needs.
- BUDGETING: Works with Administrator and Marketing Committee to set yearly budget; prepares regular budget variance reports, along with status updates.
- CRM: Manages firm CRM system. Ensures data quality by developing and implementing policies and procedures for improving data integrity. Leads firm-wide promotion of CRM as a business development and practice management tool including providing one-on-one and group training and coaching. Leads all upgrades and refresher training of CRM; including updating training programs and materials and providing end-user training for staff, attorneys and LAAs as appropriate. Serves as liaison with IT to oversee and manage application programming, maintenance, and troubleshooting technical issues. Collaborates with attorneys to create and manage marketing lists.
- EVENTS: Manages client-facing activities, both on and off-site, including client dinners, special events, seminars, visits and internal marketing-related events.
- MARKETING PIECES: Coordinates development of marketing pieces; acts as liaison with design companies.
- RECOGNITION: Manages all firm submissions for organizations such as Super Lawyers, Chambers USA, Benchmark Litigation, Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms, etc.
- ONLINE PRESENCE: Monitors and improves Firm’s online presence. Sets up Google Alerts, reviews Law360, Courthouse News Services, and local media for firm, attorney, and key client mentions; distributes results as appropriate. Responsible for developing and curating Firm’s social media presence.
- LMA: Actively participates in LMA.
- · BA/BS
- An interest in marketing and communications
- 5+ years in marketing role within professional services environment or similar
- Tremendous enthusiasm
- Great people skills
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills
- A love of writing and written presentation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize effectively, meet multiple deadlines and work on multiple projects at the same time; work independently and as a team member; anticipate needs and problem solve effectively
- Professional manner and demeanor. Frequent sitting, walking and handling of objects (manual dexterity) during the workday. Occasional standing. May need to move and/or lift items up to 20 pounds.
Thursday, June 30, 2022