CorTalent has partnered with a local Twin Cities company that is looking for a Postal Specialist. If you are passionate about the USPS and processing data, this might be the role for you!
• Primary Contact for providing postage estimates, drop ship, commingling and freight plan recommendations.
• Liaison between USPS and client regarding mail requirements.
• Develop global cost saving strategies regarding postal rates, commingling and freight.
• Keep up to date with current USPS regulations and promotions
• Develop, implement, and sustain pre-production mail entry processes.
• Monitoring USPS Scorecard and assure postal obligation compliance
• Research, monitor and share regular postal updates such as rate increases, promotions, service outages, regulation changes, and more.
• Regular weekly meeting with Mail Production Coordinator.
• Primary backup to Mail Production Coordinator.
• Responsible for cleansing, converting and standardizing lists for mailing, emailing, texting & web portals.
• Responsible for the overall day to day production of client mailing and variable print projects.
• Custom programming for variable data and triggered business logic on campaigns, both print & online.
• Responsible for providing postage estimates, drop ship, commingling and freight plan recommendations.
• Identify and suggest opportunities for process automation.
• Assist and support online storefront portal setups in GATHER.
• Participate in Lean manufacturing initiatives (such as Kaizen events) where applicable.
• Participate in annual Information Security training as well as topic specific training based on the sensitivity of data accessed.
• Aggressively seek out opportunities for company and self-improvement.
• Ensure all safety policies are followed and hold a high regard for the safety of others.
• Responsible for informing leader of any concerns that arise.
Required Knowledge and Experience
General knowledge of USPS postal regulations and sort categories is required. Must have background using mail list data processing & variable letter setup software or similar products.
An Associate Degree in printing, technology or related field or a High School diploma/GED along with the equivalent industry related experience and training.