- Minneapolis, MN, United States
Our client is an established and reliable precision machining company in Brooklyn Center, MN.They are experts in Swiss Machining, CNC Machining, Screw Machining and Finish Grinding and have been providing quality parts to their customers since 1945.
The Project Manager is responsible for the deployment of an ERP system into a manufacturing environment.The scope of the initial project will be to deploy all processes required to turn on the scheduling system for manufacturing and shipping of finished goods to customers. Additional subsequent project scopes will be the delivery of a quoting and estimating system in support of ERP, material planning and control, finished good audit systems, and WIP control.
Responsibilities to Support Strategic Direction
This is a key company position that leads to a strong customer connection along with new and repeat business.
- Thoroughly document project scope, objective, and deliverables
- Identify out of scope issues and roadblocks.
- Define a core project team and potential support resources.
- Lay out estimated total subproject resource needs.
- Clearly define process owners as part of the project and subsequent ongoing process flows
- Define a project budget including consultant fees, CapX, labor and/or asset resources.
- Prepare/Present a project overview to the President, leadership team and when required, the board of directors.
- Develop usable metrics to measure progress to goals and milestones
- Develop metrics to validate that the installed processes are under control
- Clearly define project owners
- Assist in the creation of work instructions and/or SOP’s (standards of performance)
- Assist in identifying standard and customized reports needed for the process owners to perform their duties and monitor their areas performance to plan.
- Lead team meetings to insure that objectives and assignments are clearly communicated and progress is tracked.
- Provide change management tools and help coach area leads and foremen on effect change
- Develop training formats and lead to support training the system users
- Use industry accepted project management, problem solving, and CI tools (e.g. MS Project, A3, Kaizen, etc)
- 5 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing
- 5 years of experience working with an ERP/MRP system
- 1 to 2 years of experience with JobBoss ERP system
- Strong track-record of leading and deploying complex projects and using best practice lean tools.
- Experience working with CI tools
- Project management training certifications are a plus
- Lean certification – Green belt or higher is a plus
- Work in a fast pace environment keeping multiple project initiatives moving forward
- Good at building trust and relationships with internal personnel
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment delivering projects on time
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates high integrity and trust
- Ability to build relationships with decision makers
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and manage a high volume of work
Travel:5% (As needed for training and other project or business related activities)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tuesday, January 28, 2020