Our client is a boutique management consulting firm based in Minneapolis, MN. They help their clients, typically brand managers and insights leaders, make better marketing decisions using data. They are expanding our teams due to growth with some of our main clients: Coca-Cola, Kellogg’s, Kimberly Clark, Burger King., and Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. Core activities include understanding consumer behavior, developing brand growth strategies, and designing tools and frameworks to answer business questions such as evaluation of sponsorships, lifetime value, product innovation, etc. Our client delivers these insights both remotely and through live workshops around the world.
You will be part of a small, inclusive team that thrives in a flexible, creative, and collaborative environment. You will be working closely with a few of the most recognized global brands. This is a unique opportunity to experience the lifestyle of a “startup” and the business impact of a major corporation, at a pivotal time in our growth.
• Undergraduate degree
• Business Analyst Level 1-2 years non-academic experience applied to business problems and or relevant school internships (preferably in a consulting, marketing, or brand management context using excel and statistics).
• Associate Level 2-3 years of non-academic experience applied to business problems (preferably in a consulting, marketing, or brand management context using excel and statistics).
• Intermediate to advanced experience with manipulating data in Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, Charts, VLOOKUP, OFFSET, INDEX, MATCH, SUMIF, etc.)
• Familiarity with statistical techniques (correlation, regression, etc.) in Excel or another package.
In your role as a Business Analyst or Associate (depending on level of experience), you will be responsible for:
• Managing and transforming large datasets including public data, third party market research, and internal client data
• Applying statistical tests, analytic methods, and strategic frameworks to the data to uncover new insights
• Participating in internal brainstorm and working sessions to develop and design custom approaches to client questions
• Creating compelling visualizations that illustrate your findings
• Communicating the overall story in well-crafted PowerPoint presentations
• Presenting components of insights to clients as needed
• Additional duties as dictated by team need