Project Manger - Generators
- Minneapolis, MN
The Project Manager - Generators is responsible for pre and post-order commercial and technical support of new project sales opportunities as well as technical and administrative support for won projects for the Generator Sales teams. The Project Manager – Generators works with sales teams, service and vendors daily for the duration of the project.
The Project Manager- Generators reports to the Director- Generator Business
- In conjunction with Salesperson(s), assist in development of project scope and customer requirements
- Works with Director - AC Generator Business, Salesperson(s) and Service to develop bills of material, costing and pricing proposals as required
- Coordinate with team members to create submittal packages and documentation
- Creates and compiles project applicable drawings including OEM standard, project specific approval drawings, generator pad drawings, and one-line drawings
- Prepares project schedules, including identification of major milestones, for overseeing, controlling, communicating and managing all activities required to complete projects through install and start-up.
- Determines best manufacturing and sourcing partners to supply products and materials to address specific project attributes
- Using available sales tools (GenConnect, manufacturer’s pricing guides, OEM project quotation), to assist in developing project costing for products, materials, labor, OEM services, transportation and logistics, and other project specific costing as required.
- Coordinate project communications between all functional groups.
- Consult with various departments within HMC as appropriate to resolve technical issues that arise during the order to shipment cycle and drive to resolution.
- Orders materials required for project in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform other duties and assignments as necessary
- Proven experience successfully managing projects on time and on budget
- Proficient or can become proficient in the use vendor supplied portals
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of generator equipment and installation practices
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Strong technical and spatial reasoning abilities
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in work and relationships
- Demonstrates servant leadership principles with internal and external customers
- Demonstrates innovation/creativity in work
- Possesses strong work ethic and takes ownership of both company and client goals/objectives
- Focused on understanding, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Focused on collaboration and team work for the mutual success of the company and its employees
- Associates degree or 4-year college degree preferred
- Two years prior project management experience preferred
- Knowledge of generator products and familiarity with complementary and competitive products
- Experienced in the use of project management and CAD software, or demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook)
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. HM Cragg reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Monday, May 2, 2022