Customer Supply Chain - Foodservice DSD
CPG Talent Management
- Chicago, IL
The Customer Facing Supply Chain Manager is the central owner of supply chain for retail distributor customer sales focusing on Strategic Growth Channels such as Amazon, C-Stores, DDD Drug-Dollar-Discount, Sysco, US Foods Food Service Sales and internal CPG partners as the central driving growth and reducing costs by maximizing product availability. Looking for candidates willing to relocate to Colorado in order to grow their career in customer supply chain food away from home/foodservice sales channels. Full relocation covered.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 6 years of related Customer Supply Chain work experience
- DSD (direct store delivery)
- Ability to travel 20-25% of time
- Complete understanding of Supply Chain and Retail/Distributor channels
- Strategic Emerging Growth Channel Retail Distributor Customer knowledge such as Amazon, C-Store, DDD (drug dollar discount) or Foodservice
- Demonstrated ability to lead within cross-functional teams
- Refrigerated and / or perishable supply chain experience
This position will cultivate and leverage internal and external relationships with the objective of optimizing supply chain processes which result in tangible improvements that differentiate company with customers and shoppers. The role will have accountability for understanding the specific needs of the assigned channels and leading solution development with customers that will drive volume, reduce waste/cost, and create sustainable competitive advantage.
This position will be the central owner of supply chain collaboration with assigned customers as well as with internal partners including sales, distribution, transportation, manufacturing, finance, and supply chain planning. Key deliverables will be focused on driving growth and reducing cost to serve.
- Lead the investigation and understanding of forecast-to-shelf supply chain processes with identified customers and diagnose opportunities for improvement and value creation.
- Connect and build relationships with customers, understand their business models, and influence key decision makers to initiate collaboration.
- Provide internal partners including Supply Chain and Sales leadership with insights and perspective on each customer’s operating model.
- Utilize customer data to prepare and present recommendations that drive key sales initiatives (such as new item management, promotion execution, space and assortment optimization, etc.)
- Design and deliver product flow solutions and process improvements which balance North America’s investment/cost with increased sales and waste reduction.
- Evaluate customer specific requests for supply chain services and align the value proposition with internal partners.
- Partner with order management and analytics teams to build a robust and complete understanding of each customer’s operation.
- Own the supply chain collaboration process by cultivating the match between each customer’s operating strategy and company internal capabilities.
- Deliver targeted KPIs with assigned customers as determined by supply chain priorities.
Wednesday, February 26, 2020