Sr. HR Manager - Oregon
CPG Talent Management
- Eugene, OR
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The SR Human Resources Manager is responsible for overall organizational capabilities for the Eugene, Oregon plant. He/she will be expected to drive and implement HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness and build workforce capabilities to positively impact overall business performance and HR metrics. The successful candidate will be an active participant of a world class consumer package goods CPG plant leadership team and Supply Chain HR leadership team and have the talent and experience to build relationships with internal clients and members of the company-wide HR team. This role requires strong HR generalist knowledge to deliver the full scope of HR services and be viewed as a trusted HR business partner.
- Provide HR consulting expertise to all levels of management and be regarded as an employee advocate for a plant of approximately 150+ employees
- Deliver and execute high-quality and consistent HR processes and services.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and corporate policies.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends changes to increase performance, reduce costs, and positively impact HR metrics through analytical approaches, including the tracking of key data and analyzing trends.
- Champion HR initiatives to improve organizational effectiveness, including performance management systems, talent development, organization design, and cultural development.
- Manage talent acquisition for all roles at the plant.
- Partner with plant leadership team to drive employee engagement.
- Drive talent development through talent planning processes, coaching and delivering training.
- Manage payroll and HRIS services for the plant population.
- Serve as a liaison to corporate benefits for H&W, 401K, LOAs, FMLA, and disability benefits.
- Manage unemployment claims.
- Partner with Environmental Health & Safety resources to manage workers’ compensation claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Human Resources or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related HR experience required. HR work experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Consumer Package Goods CPG manufacturing experience a plus
- PHR or SPHR is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates business maturity and integrity, especially when dealing with highly confidential information.
- Continuous improvement mindset - able to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and cerate efficiencies.
- Ability to credibly influence others with his/her point of view and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Change agent - Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
Wednesday, September 22, 2021