Human Resource Manager
CPG Talent Management
- Mobile, AL
The Human Resources Manager will support a manufacturing facility and corporate functions over a range of activities related to union employee/labor relations, staffing/ recruiting, training, payroll, policies/practices, succession planning and guidelines that foster a proactive work culture for a fast paced manufacturing company. Serving as the point-of-contact for executive leadership, associates, supervisors, managers as a strategic member of the leadership team, you will deliver value-added service that reflects our business objectives and support our mission and values.
- Administer effective recruiting and staffing practices by supporting and leading efforts for the recruitment of corporate management as well as hourly and salaried non-exempt level positions. Coordinate position planning, identifying sources of applicants, interviewing, coaching managers on candidate interviewing and selection, analyzing job requirements and making salary recommendations. Maintain accurate staffing reports and metrics
- Support new employees throughout the onboarding process: Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation.
- Manage employee changes/additions/terminations, and other HR program administration. Conduct and analyze exit interviews as needed.
- Maintain and enhance a productive work environment by resolving conflicts between management and associates; coaching management on effective management and coaching techniques; and maintaining open communications with associates and management.
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations, interprets company policy for managers and associates and ensures legal compliance of all federal and state regulations.
- Assess employee climate, morale and effectiveness and developing action steps for improvement for their assigned management team.
- Enable the successful performance of our employees, our leaders, and, through them, our business.
- Be a part of change management initiatives, performance management processes and succession planning.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Bachelor's degree in HR Management, Communication Studies, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP certifications preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as an HR Generalist at the Manager level in a corporate and manufacturing environment, administering all aspects of HR programs and disciplines, required.
- Previous HR experience in a union environment handling grievances.
- Must have a desire to walk the shop floor.
- Proficient in MS Office products (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule including ability to work off-hours and/or weekends, as needed.
Saturday, September 18, 2021