Utility Systems Engineer
CPG Talent Management
- Chicago, IL
This role will lead the strategic operation and optimization of plant-based utility systems including: boilers, chillers, air compressors, water treatment systems, and waste water treatment plants for company. The Corporate Utility Systems Manager will work collaboratively with our plant teams to create a world class operation focusing on plant utility system operational excellence and continuous improvement. This vision will be accomplished through the collaborative implementation of industry accepted best practices, operational standardization across plant teams, innovative cost savings initiatives, and operational downtime reductions.Y
our ability to work effectively with internal and external customers in support of delivering h
ighly effective utility system operations will be critical to be successful in this role.
Core Duties and ResponsibilitiesStrategic Planning (30%)
· Plans, directs and manages overall control and coordination of all activities related to utility system optimization
· Initiates procedures and guidelines for system operation and standardization.
· Benchmarks industry leaders, incorporating best practices in operations.
· Drives cost savings through the optimization of utility programs.
· Develops and implements corporate standards for utility system design and operation.Technical Functions (25%)
· Collaborate with the Plant Engineering team to ensure safe, efficient operation of systems and collaborate to resolve any outstanding operational issues in the plant utility systems.
· Supports the business through cost reduction in utility system operation.
· Understands and optimizes utility system operation with overall plant operations
· Troubleshoots issues with plant teams as requiredLogistical Functions (25%)
· Build an overall project budget, compile budget requests, and generate capitalization plan based on project timeline.
· Provides input to maintenance and compliance teams as required.
· Understand the impact of cycle and parameter changes and adjust forecasts accordingly.
· Work with appropriate business and procurement teams to ensure support from vendors regarding setup, installation, repairs and maintenance are satisfactory
· Provide monthly/quarterly operational and budget updates Team & Leadership Functions (20%)
· Models Company core values
· Collaborates effectively with all levels of the plant team
· Easily communicates complex ideas and solutions to company leadership team for approval
Qualifications, Education & Experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience in plant operations and/or utility system design and operation
- Proven track record of cost savings from utility system optimization
- Extensive experience in plant and equipment operation and reliability improvement
- Experience developing and implementing effective preventive maintenance and condition-based maintenance programs
- Experience with CMMS systems required
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership with sustainable results
- Demonstrated effective management and development of engineering and technical staff
- Experience implementing continuous improvement or re-engineering of work process
- Six Sigma qualification a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willing to travel (50%+)
- Ability to effectively lead change and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Possesses strong communications skills at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes/programs
- Knowledgeable in plant operations, maintenance processes, capital expenditure and reliability improvement.
- Can effectively identify and evaluate technical and non-technical opportunities for improvement and translate them to financial terms that provides a business case and supports investment.
- Has the ability to simplify solutions, articulate a strategy and deliver to it.
Tuesday, August 10, 2021