This role will lead the CAPEX Engineering function and drive improvement, execution and management of an effective capital expenditure program. The Corporate CAPEX Manager will lead the function towards the vision of a high-performance team culture and drive change management initiatives to continually improve the planning cycles, internal processes, project management discipline, budget planning and reporting of all key projects within the national operations network.
The ability to work effectively with internal and external customers in support of delivering to CAPEX project goals will be critical to be successful in this role.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Planning (30%)
· Plans, directs and manages overall control and coordination of all activities in the annual Capital Budget process
· Initiates procedures and guidelines for project development activities and supervises the overall preparation of economic, environmental, technological and operational feasibility analyses including engineering, planning, financing and policy impacts as it related to capital expenditures.
Technical Functions (25%)
· Collaborate with the Project Engineering team to ensure safety by design and reliability planning is in alignment with new or modified assets
· Supports the Area Supply organization to achieve key outcomes in safety, quality, reliability, efficiency, cost and customer service
Logistical Functions (25%)
· Build an overall project budget, compile budget requests, and generate capitalization plan based on project timeline.
· You will be responsible for coordinating equipment requirements and standards between Ops Engineering and the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
· Understand the impact of cycle time changes and adjust forecasts accordingly.
· Work with appropriate business and procurement teams to ensure support from vendors regarding setup, installation, repairs and maintenance are satisfactory
· Provide monthly/quarterly budget updates and capitalization plans
Team & Leadership Functions (20%)
· Models Company core values
Qualifications, Education, & Experience
Skills & Abilities: