Data Cloud Architect (Engineer)
Data Intelligence Technologies
- Bethesda, MD
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To design and implement complex ETL processes for the Data management and Quality program. The Senior Data Architect is primarily responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Data models to support the needs of data warehousing. The position is responsible for recommending and adopting best practices to ensure high data quality standards are maintained and redundancy is reduced in an AWS cloud environment.
- Experience architecting data management solutions with AWS to include data lakes
- Experience in working with predictive analytics, data visualization, or unstructured data
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- TS/SCI w/ appropriate Poly
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of work experience in design and implementation of data models for complex data warehouse initiatives.
- AWS Certifications desired but not required.
- Minimum 4 years of strong experience to design scalable data models and data flows.
- Proficiency with some leading data profiling tools (such as SQL, BI tools, etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse initiatives including Data Model development, Semantic/Data Access Layer Development, Reporting and Dashboard Creation
Tuesday, April 13, 2021