Systems Engineer - Senior
Data Intelligence Technologies
- Mc Lean, VA
Candidate is responsible for analyzing computing/Wide Area Network (WAN) topologies from a security and systems engineering perspective. Activities include reviewing technical security and risk assessments, reviewing assessment reports and memoranda for senior officials; developing and providing assessment briefings, attending customer meetings, and participating in all client activities related to the assignment. Assessments will focus on the use of WAN technologies such as Cloud Computing, Software Defined Networks (SDN), IPv4 and IPv6 networks, virtualized networking products, to validate and verify activity and technical requirements, identify network points of vulnerability and security risks, address non-compliance with established information sharing, identify and access management (IDAM), information assurance (IA) and security standards and regulations, assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the project life cycle, and recommend mitigation strategies. Candidates with a breadth of knowledge and experience to address a variety of computer, WAN, and technical activities. Analyze computer systems and WAN technologies for technical vulnerabilities and risk.
- TS/SCI w/ poly
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD
- Ten or more years of experience providing computer systems engineering services and/or WAN engineering services.
- Experience with planning, configuring, implementing, and maintaining IP network infrastructure products including routers, switches, wireless networking, VPNs, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, One Way Transfer (OWT) appliances.
- Demonstrated experience with computer and network security principals.
- Two or more years of experience designing and configuring cloud computing solutions. Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Software Defined Networks and OpenFlow.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems such as Window Server (2008R2/2012R2), Windows Workstation (7/8.1), Linux (Redhat/Debian/Ubuntu), and OSX operating systems.
- Two or more years experience with installing and configuring virtual machines using VMWare or equivalent products.
- Knowledge and experience with encryption products, methodologies, configuration.
- Experience with Network Management products such as HP OpenView, SolarWinds.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Preferred certifications are highlights with an *.
- Amazon Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or similar cloud certification *
- VMWare Certified Professional vSphere 5 (VCP5) *
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
- Experience with one or more of the following network operating systems - Cisco iOS, NXOS, JunOS.
- Hands on experience with Network Packet Capture Appliances/Applications, such as Netwitness, Solera, Probe, Wireshark, Snort.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Certificated Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or IT Professional (MCITP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Monday, November 15, 2021