Cyber Security Engineer
Data Intelligence Technologies
- McLean, VA
Data Intelligence Technologies is seeking a Cyber Security Engineerto perform Computer Network Defense, Cyber Operations and Cyber Assessments. Data Intelligence is looking for Cyber Security professionals with experience in Information Security and Certification and Accreditation Certification.
- The selected candidate will act as a Cyber Security Expert with experience in system engineering, application development, and information security to include implementing the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Assessment & Authorization (A&A) of IT systems.
- The candidate will be directly involved in supporting customer efforts through the various facets of the RMF, specifically step 6 Continuous Monitoring and the A&A process.
- The candidate will conduct comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an information system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls (i.e., the extent to which the controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the security requirements for the system).
- The candidate will also provide an assessment of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the information system and its operational environment and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities.
- The candidate will monitor IT Systems for system security-relevant changes, updates, and vulnerability patching as well as ensure audit logs are flowing to the enterprise repository.
- This position requires the candidate to have a current Top-Secret/SCI security clearance with Appropriate Polygraph.
- Demonstrated work experience recommending security best practices for both on-premise and cloud architectures, promotes cost-effective and efficient systems solutions consistent with Sponsor's Partners Enterprise Architecture, program objectives, and measures of performance.
- Demonstrated work proficiency in developing risk assessment reports based on review of security plans and interviews with developer/customer, assess systems against Information Assurance policies and regulations.
- Demonstrated work expertise in coordinating and performing security testing, analyzing and documenting test results, documenting risk and recommending mitigating countermeasures to identified threats, vulnerabilities, and shortfalls.
- Demonstrated work proficiency in testing security architectures of cloud-based systems and applications, identifying vulnerabilities and providing security remediation.
- Demonstrated work experience with installing, running, and analyzing results, to include vulnerability and compliance-oriented software for system security testing such asWebInspect, AppDetective, and NESSUS.
- Demonstrated work experience with Splunk including writing queries, building dashboards, analyzing results, and communicating those results to sponsors management through reporting.
- Demonstrated work experience advising and collaborating with all team members (technical and non-technical) using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security.
- Experience working with NIST Cyber Security polices such as NIST 800-137, 800-53 and CNSSI 1253.
- Identity and Authentication Technologies.
- One or more of the following Splunk Enterprise Security Admin; AWS Security Fundamentals or Security Engineering on AWS; CISSP; CEH; CISA.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Certification: Splunk Core Certified Power User
- Certification: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
About Data Intelligence
Data Intelligence is an "All Things Big Data" shop specializing in Data Search & Discovery, Data Engineering, Data Clouds, Data Science, Data Visualizations, Data Analytics and Data Security. We produce innovative software and data services to customers within the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense.Data Intelligence is located in the Washington DC area with offices in Crystal City and the District of Columbia.
Tuesday, December 14, 2021