Data Intelligence Technologies
- Oakton, VA
The System Administrator/Network Engineer supports the National Security Sector, in providing Linux engineering and administrative support on a complicated distributed Linux-based System.
- Understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle; the System Engineering Life Cycle; and the ability to comprehend user business needs and concerns and integrate that understanding with technical skills
- Provides Linux platform support (i.e. RHEL, CentOS) and administrative support, including management and troubleshooting
- Illustrates hands-on knowledge and experience building and deploying automated server and workstation builds across an enterprise infrastructure with environments that are logically separated]
- Illustrates hands-on experience and understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring (i.e. SNMP, Splunk, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore the environment to an operational state with minimal downtime, perform root cause analysis and provide a forward leaning mitigation strategy
- Illustrates knowledge of at least three of the following technologies: Encryption, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, VPNs, SSL
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application/system integration and execution
- Work with developers/engineers across disciplines to define customer and system requirements; design a solution that meets the current requirements and is scalable to meet future enterprise requirements
- Provides experience with patching and maintaining server build
- On-Call -Required to carrier a pager
- Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with Poly.
- Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT Level 2.
- Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years.
- Proficient in Cloud Computing, Competencies of systems including: Fault tolerance, High availability, Scalability and Capacity planning, Data center organization, and Backup / Recovery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills regarding developing project briefings, updating system designs, rack elevations, wiring diagrams, and system outage after action reports
Thursday, June 3, 2021