DBI’s new client holds federal design-build and design-bid-build projects as its North Star. They lead with design, move projects forward focused on design, and speak the language of design in every aspect of the firm. Our client in known domestically for their facility designs and infrastructure projects. This firm is working with DBI to hire an experienced Client Manager/Senior Architect. This is a very senior role in the firm, equivalent to a Senior Vice President position.
This position will be dedicated to the firm's Federal practice serving COE, NAVFAC, USCG, AF, NOAA, and others. Our client needs an exceptional business development candidate who can manage interaction with new and existing clients, project management, and manage the entire scope of the company’s projects.
Located in Berkeley, California; the ideal candidate will have global knowledge of design-build processes and practices as it relates to Federal projects and others. This position requires someone with personal integrity and credibility to gain trust of individuals at all levels within and outside of the organization.
· Execute and Develop Account Plans for all (active and target) clients.
· Strategies to expand all lines of business within accounts.
· Identify and secure project opportunities by using all available means.
· Act as eyes and ears for potential merger & acquisition targets as well as key hires to add to the team.
· Oversee the preparation of design and design drawings, including presentation studies and renderings; design development drawings; final construction drawings, including building details.
· Prepares proposal estimates of the time and expense required to complete the project.
· Negotiate difficult project issues with the client, on scope changes or schedule acceleration.
· Approve design, specifications, plans, and schedules changes.
· Assures quality control and quality assurance guidelines are met.
· Review construction submittals and respond to RFIs.
· Analyze sketches, notes, and other input materials to determine best approach to complex drawings with knowledge of drawings connection to the remaining plan set.
· Interpret and use industry and company standards of drafting, calculation, file management.
· Serves as a technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
· Registered Professional Architect in the state of California
· Minimum 20 years architectural experience
· Client and Project Management experience
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite