Job Title: Director, Global Public Relations and Social Media
Department: Brand Design Reports To: Chief Brand Officer
Location: Van Nuys, CA
The Director of Global Public Relations and Social Media is responsible for the execution of strategic public relations, media relations, social media, brand events and partnership programs. Responsibilities will range from developing and maintaining strong relationships with media and influencer contacts to identifying premium non-compete brands that align with the company's mission to be the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world. The Director of Global Public Relations and Social Media will lead a team and have oversight for mentoring, developing, hiring and growing the team. This key hire will report directly to the Chief Brand Officer and Creative Director.
• Develop and execute strategic public relations (PR), social media, and experiential marketing programs that enhance customer loyalty via digital channels and PR.
• Lead the overall strategy and planning for the social channels.
• Establish clear social media goals across all platforms and consistently analyze and track to against KPIs and objectives; collaborate with global cross-functional teams to ensure that PR and social media campaigns and concepts are appropriately integrated and amplified across all platforms.
• Identify opportunities to align and integrate social media, marketing, and retail to drive top line revenue.
• Conceive and develop meaningful PR campaigns that are innovative and engaging, and call on network to execute press stories and campaigns.
• Build and nurture relationships with key media contacts and category influencers, and act as the brand’s spokesperson when appropriate.
• Ensure the company's brand and reputation are enhanced by social media activities; integrate with PR to actively manage through communications issues using social media.
• Create high quality, persuasive, and strategic presentations for an audience that includes partners, senior management, and board of directors.
• Cultivate talent and provide leadership, coaching, and career development planning for team members. Ensure productivity is maximized and quality is delivered.
• Manage agency relationships as needed.
• 7+ years experience in managing complex integrated marketing and communications programs in a fast paced, high volume, marketing and/or PR/Communications function for a consumer-focused organization.
• Consumer product industry experience is a must.
• 5+ years of management experience, with a proven track record of hiring, developing and mentoring.
• Experience running Social and PR as a business and driving against measurable KPIs impactful to the business through development of innovative PR and Social Media strategies.
• Global experience a plus.
• Analytical skill and the ability to use digital tools to find actionable insights through data.
• A collaborative nature with finesse in developing relationships cross-functionally.
• A strong track record working with top tier press.
• Meaningful experience with agency/vendor management.
• Must have excellent skills in writing press releases and all content that demonstrates a clear and consistent brand voice.
Key Behavioral Traits
• Company Innovation - Embraces and champions new and innovative ideas and processes that will improve efficiency and increase profits, and encourages others to do likewise. Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness and comes up with solutions to barriers. Develops innovative processes and ideas in alignment with the Munchkin Standard of Excellence and Innovation.
• Customer Focus - Personally demonstrates that external (or internal) customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquiries about customer satisfaction with products or services.
• Leadership – Defines a vision; Establishes strategies; Enlists support of cross functional team; Champions projects to completion.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
• Managing People – Leads by example and holds herself/himself accountable; Includes team in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Approachable, and highly skilled in developing teams; Maintains a collaborative, fun and high-performing culture.
• Teamwork - Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Adapts style to work well with different functional groups.
• Financial Discipline - Creates Accurate Budgets and operates within the Budget.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Decisive and Sound Judgment - Makes timely decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks.
Required Education and Experience:
• 10+ years experience in managing complex integrated marketing and communications programs in a fast paced, high volume, marketing and/or PR/Communications function for a consumer-focused organization. Consumer product industry experience is a must.
• 10+ years experience building and leading powerful team and demonstrated skill in managing people
• Experience running Social and PR as a business and driving against measurable KPIs impactful to the business through development of innovative PR and Social Media strategies
• Global experience a plus
• Analytical skill and the ability to use digital tools to find actionable insights through data
• A collaborative nature with finesse in developing relationships cross-functionally
• A strong track record working with top tier press
• Meaningful experience with agency/vendor management
• Must have excellent skills in writing press releases and all content that demonstrates a clear and consistent brand voice