This position reports to the Business Director and is expected to be a business driver for the company. Taking ownership, they will act as the hub for their select brand(s) and work with sales, marketing, product management, and other teams to achieve successful results.
• Lead communication to brand team to progress product development, product introduction and product promotion for each brand assigned.
• Self-starter that can develop processes to promote best practices for brand planning.
• Conduct competitive analysis. Understand and apply toy trends and play patterns.
• Create direction and definition for each product based on in-depth brand understanding. Including creative direction and product messaging.
• Maintain communication with licensors. Work with licensors during brand planning and product development process.
• Create reports and other materials to communicate updates and changes to product lines.
• Consistently follow up with teams to ensure alignment of goals and timelines on track.
• Support the launch of new products both to the trade and consumers.
• Monitor product activity at national accounts.
• Maintain an understanding of online e-commerce activity.
• Ability to analyze activity and provide product insights/ recommendations.
• Ensure consistency and follow the voice of the brand
• Must be able to demonstrate interest in toys through professional or personal means.
• Must have 2 years of relevant Marketing, Brand or Product Management experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized and efficient. Ability to thrive in a high-pressure and time-sensitive
environment. Easily adapt to shifts in priorities.
• Ability to work effectively across different teams, departments, and third parties
• Experience selling/marketing to retailers
• Experience with PowerPoint, Excel and Word is required
• Bachelor’s degree Preferred: Marketing
• Experience in trade shows, product photography shoots, qualitative and quantitative consumer