Denver Site Reliability Engineer
De Forest Search
- Denver, CO
What you'll be doing in the near future…
The Site Reliability Engineer position will be the second addition to a new SRE team based in Denver, CO. We are open to mentoring and helping a junior candidate grow. However, because we are a small team, any candidate should be able to be a major contributor.
Some of the things we expect you to do…
Some projects you’ll be working on include:
- Migrating all infrastructure/applications from a PaaS to a major Cloud IaaS provider
- Implement CI/CD and Kubernetes during the PaaS -> IaaS migration
- Continuing to break up a Django monolith into Python & Go microservices
- Scale existing applications leveraging PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, and more!
- Experiment with and introduce new solutions as needed to build reliable applications
- Secure applications and infrastructure from vulnerabilities and attack vectors
You should be able to:
- Write quality code in a team setting using Python and/or Go. You’ll be using both
- Implement and maintain cloud services using Kubernetes and more
- Learn, communicate, share, and grow with the team
- Care about and share in our mission to eradicate pay disparity in the workplace
- Experienced. 5 – 8 years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team.
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business needs to value that can be provided.
- Promote a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Act smartly without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation acumen.
- Drive, Grit, Team Oriented: Strong desire to compete and win
- Believer: You’re a believer in equal pay for equal work, and you’re willing to change your career to prove it.
- BA/BS degree.