De Forest Search
- Irvine, CA
A manager level position that will take ownership of key brands and develop strategy and key tactics, as well as messaging and creative, then work in a 360 capacity to lead and support cross-functional teams in the US and Europe to execute their disciplines in alignment with the brand plan. Will also work closely with developers in Japan to align plans, secure approvals, and coordinate creative and executional support.
Accountable for the management of a section of work.
Role in Strategy / Planning
Makes input into specific aspects of the operating plans of the function or unit at the next highest organization level, then, based on prevailing conditions, manages the daily operations of assigned section of work.Outcomes managed have an impact on the assigned section of work. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives.
Knowledge / Problem Solving
Interacts with support staff, peers, and management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
Assignment of Work
- Typically manages individual contributors.
- Oversight Received
- Work is reviewed relative to defined operating outcomes / milestones.
- Specific Job Duties
- Take ownership of marketing strategies for the product’s entire lifecycle.
- Execute on consumer product, channel, and first party partnership opportunities.
- Ability to buy media against performance metrics to deliver Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Work closely with the cross functional teams to ensure development, marketing, and sales executions are aligned with the project’s strategic and financial goals.
- Identify areas of concern in the execution of the product’s marketing plan and course correct to maximize the success of the product.
- Develops and manages asset library for assigned titles.
- Oversees the creation and delivery of assets (trailers, screen shots, logos, etc.) by working with internal departments and external vendors as required.
- Delivers assets to internal partner organizations and external partners when necessary.
- Analyzes consumer research and business data to intelligently develop marketing investments.
- Understands the media landscape, recognizes opportunities, and demonstrates knowledge of booking creative and effective media campaigns.
- Manages media agencies creative agencies, event agencies, and promotional partnerships.
- Serves as a key contact across the development group to supplythem with key consumer and marketing insight.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Passion for gaming and familiarity of current industry trends, sports, and competitive gaming.
- 4-6+ years experience in a high functioning marketing role within gaming or consumer products
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field
- Ability to leverage quantitative analytic measures, build business cases to support initiatives and focus on ROI metrics.
- Experience in project management, analysis, and the ability to work with multiple teams.
- Must provide evidence of ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Independent worker with little or no supervision required and willingness to navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
- Ability to coordinate execution of plans within budget, set timelines, and to meet deadlines without fail.
- Ability to develop, pitch, and execute a marketing plan, delegating tasks and working with cross-functional teams to ensure the vision is executed effectively to meet and exceed goals.
- Ability to manage a small team, delegate tasks, and set clear goals to improve workplace and department efficiency.
- Must have experience working in a global environment
- Willing to work overtime and conduct meetings with Europe and Japan at off hours. Occasional work over the weekend and travel may be required.
Ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 10% of the time.