Client Sales Manager
De Forest Search
- San Diego, CA
This position involves selling various branded product concepts to qualified manufacturers on behalf of Fortune 100 companies. The process includes negotiating the terms of a license agreements and managing the ongoing relationship with that manufacturer. The goal is to optimize the revenue opportunity for that branded product concept. For qualified candidates, this role could also involve managing the relationship between the organization and various clients.
- Ensure broad based understanding of assigned brands.
- Develop a working knowledge of assigned product categories.
- Research, prospect, identify and contact potential manufacturers for the licensed product concept.
- Develop the necessary information and presentations needed to sell the product concept to manufacturers.
- Negotiate the key terms of the license agreement with the manufacturers.
- Assist as needed in gaining approval for the license terms from the client.
- Manage the ongoing relationships with the licensed manufacturer to optimize revenue for branded product.
- College degree in marketing, advertising, business administration or related fields.
- Minimum seven to fifteen years progressive success in sales, marketing or advertising involving consumer products or services.
- Some experience in product categories such as toys, apparel, automotive or social expressions could be helpful.
- Involvement or exposure to the licensing industry is a plus.
- Ability to make a conceptual sale and a proven track record of sales success.
- Understanding of consumer brands, branding and brand marketing.
- Competencies developing and executing sales strategies and tactics.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities with a good understanding of financial concepts and principles.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Politically astute, takes the initiative and knows how to get things done.
- An enthusiastic, high energy self-starter, who is organized and possess a strong work ethic.
- A positive, optimistic attitude and outlook that translates to perseverance to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Goal oriented and takes ownership of assignments.
- Personable and able to build healthy working relationships internally and externally.
- Has high character, possesses integrity and is personally and professionally ethical.
Compensation and Scheduling
- Work could require some travel from San Diego to other parts of the U.S.
- Base and additional compensation commensurate with experience, benefits included.