OEM Account Manager
De Forest Search
- Plano, TX
The primary responsibility of the Account Manager is to ensure that our supplier based products are consistently positioned, accepted and ultimately sold through our OEM customers. All sales goals must be achieved while developing exceptional internal OEM relations at multiple touch points throughout our customers. Further, the successful Account Manager will build and enhance extraordinary customer service with our supplier partners to include manufacturing, marketing, engineering, quality control and executive management.
Beyond exceeding monthly product sales goals, the successful account manager will demonstrate exceptional attention to detail regarding supplier and OEM product specifications, pricing, Request for Proposal processes and other administrative tasks.
A third key responsibility of the Account Manager is to balance the requirements of all parties involved. He or she will collaborate with B/T Western’s Executives to cultivate strategic business building opportunities on behalf of the Suppliers we represent. This will align with the needs and requirements of OEM customers as demonstrated by increased purchases.
Business Values, Skills and Abilities
- Integrity – Operates with transparency, honesty, and consistently builds trust with others. Is reliable and well respected for doing the rightthing.
- Excellence – A demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding performance expectations, while continually improving skills and abilities over time. Shows a clear desire to be thebest.
- Innovation – Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Displays original thinking and creativity. Generates suggestions for improving work. Meets challenges withresourcefulness.
- Communication – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communicationmethods.
- Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplishgoals.
- Consultative Selling – Applies product and market knowledge effectively. Asks questions to discover client business needs. Builds rapport and establishes trust. Manages and documents sales process. Presents solutions that meet customer objectives. Qualifies potentialcustomers.
- Impact and Influence – Achieves win-win outcomes. Addresses divergent opinions. Displays ability to influence key decision-makers. Pursues and wins support for ideas. Uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals.
- Strategic Thinking – Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Analyzes market and competition. Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Understands organization’s strengths andweaknesses.
- Cooperation – Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to co- workers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in groupsituations.
- Manage the selling strategy and action plans for each supplier for the assigned account(s).
- Manage ownership of meeting/exceeding annual sales targets(forecast).
- Identify all stakeholders at Customer(s) and develop/execute a plan to build relationship with each ofthem.
- Develop a full knowledge of all details of the Customer(s) processes, including, but not limited to RFQ process, Purchasing system, Accessory Planning process, and Accessory Engineering/product approval process. Become the Customer(s) account expert; the “go-to” person for all BT Western and supplier questions regarding Customer(s) accountdetails.
- Become the initial “go-to” person for any questions from Customer(s) about each supplier’s products orprocesses.
- Develop and maintain full knowledge of each supplier’s products, processes, core competencies, market position, and competitive advantages.
- Identify key stakeholders at each supplier and develop/execute a plan to build relationship with each ofthem.
- Identify each supplier’s key competitors, including product offering, market position, and competitiveadvantages.
- Become the initial “go-to” person for any questions from suppliers about Customer(s)processes.
- Become the initial “go-to” person for problem solving on anything regardingCustomer(s).
BT Western Focus
- Maintain LAMP plan, demonstrating full knowledge of all aspects of the Customer(s)account.
- Maintain Target Marketing Plan, with action plans for each supplier, for each future vehicle (accessories).
- Lead the annual forecasting process, including plans to increase existingbusiness.
- Lead the monthly review process with keysuppliers.
- Manage excellent communications with all BT Western and supplier team members, making sure everyone on the team has full and current knowledge of all issues at all times, including perspective andsignificance.
- Make full operational use of all BT Western Best practices,including:
- Blue Sheets
- Make timely submissions of weekly activity plans, monthly reports, expenses, forecasting worksheets, and all other administrativerequirements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred; however extensive experience with an industry leading company may substitute
- The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years sales experience with ahigh quality automotive industryleader.
OEM auto industry experiencerequired!
- Must be able to work under time and budgetarypressures.
Includes sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, climbing and use of hands and arms to operate office equipment, move product samples, small boxes etc. Must be able to lift, move, or slide 50-100lbs.
Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal vehiclerequired
- A competitive base salary, commission, bonus and full benefits (health, dental, life, 401K,etc.)
This person primarily works in a smoke-free temperature controlled office environment with little noise. Outside time may include visits to customers, warehouses, association/community meetings or vendors which may require travel by air or automobile. These locations are visited throughout the year and during all weather conditions. Evening and occasional long hours may be required if work is not completed within regular hours.
I have reviewed and understand the above job description and believe it to be accurate and complete, and I can successfully fulfill or learn each duty or task. I realize that this job description is not an employee contract and that it does not affect my at will employment status. I also agree that management retains the right to change this job description at any time.