De Forest Search
- San Ramon, CA
(San Ramon, CA)
- Results Focus – contribute to analysis of overall Product P&L and actively manage key business KPIs around P&L to ensure brand and businesssuccess.
- Strategic Plan Development & Execution – partner with Director of Product and Marketing to develop and executeannualand3yearplansfocusingonproductrenovationandinnovationpipeline.Provideinsightson Product/Web/App user experience to highlight pain points and guideimprovements.
- Portfolio Optimization – own portfolio management and ensure product, pricing, promotions and distribution strategies are effectively executed. Manage ongoing systems support to ensure any changes in product or pricing are accurately reflected across theorganization.
- Consumer Expertise – partner with Director of Product and Marketing to understand key market dynamics for target consumers, members and keycompetitors.
- ProductInnovation–ownproductinnovationprocessfromconcepttolaunchincludingdesign,sourcingand production to meet customer and business needs (will involve working with external product designers, and partnering with hardwaremanufacturers).
- ProductRenovation–utilizemarketplace,competitiveandconsumerresearchtooptimizeexistingportfolio (including bundles and pricing) by making adjustments to meet customer needs. Build a pipeline of user support materials (user guides, training videos, etc.) to ensure a seamless userexperience.
- Website Optimization – Work with external developers and Ecommerce Manager to optimize site and develop future site and apps, and with internal IT team on back endintegration.
- User Experience Optimization – optimize the overall user journey by analyzing user research to diagnose all customer touch points and work with UX designers to optimize the user experience via hardware and softwaredevelopment/revisions.
- BudgetManagement–helpshapeannualproductdevelopmentbudgetandmanagebudgetwithinapproved spending guidelines. Develop business cases for additional fundingrequests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient Visionary, strategic and courageous leadershipskills
- Strong empathy for the user in creating amazing product and serviceexperiences
- Proficient general management with P&L managementexperience
- Basic fluency in consumer insights, marketing analytics, and financial analysis Strong communication skills, positive “can do” attitude, and team-orientedapproach
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, Electronics, Technology Management or related field (MBA or Master's in related fieldpreferred)
- 5-7 years related workexperience
- Demonstrated success in launching B2C electronics products (smart home product experience aplus)
- Electronics hardware product development experience (stronglypreferred)
- Software and/or web development experience(preferred)
- UX experience in optimizing the overall user journey(preferred)
- Skilled at sourcing and managing external product designers, hardware manufacturerpartners