Sr. Application Developer
• Develops and maintains computer programs, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and installation as needed.
• Consults with partners from systems and other business units regarding new techniques, practices, or technologies in data processing and the impact of proposed and ongoing projects.
• Conducts feasibility studies and defines and designs system requirements for complex software development projects.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems work flows, data usage, and processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable applications.
Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
• Work with development team to define and implement architecture direction.
• Work within an agile development process to deliver quality solutions on a predictable schedule.
• Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in industry technological advances and software technology, including languages, operating systems, development tools, etc.
• 3+ years of IBM Business Process Management tools such as IBM BPM Advanced Integration Service and IBM Process Designer 7.5 and 8.5.7.
• 7+ years of development experience with object oriented technologies (Java and/or .NET stack)
• Experience with large and complex systems for both internal and external clients.
• Experience utilizing frameworks such as Spring, Junit/Nunit, Design Patterns, MQ, XML technologies, XSL transformations, JAXB, Web Service Development, Windows and Linux.
• Experience developing within an agile development environment using continuous integration tools: Maven, Bamboo, TFS, ANT and Sonar.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new environments and learn new technologies.
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Strong Microsoft SQL Server experience
• Familiarity with development tools Eclipse, Oracle tools.
• Ability to write Unix shell scripts if needed.
• Familiar with Financial market/instrument/Trade lifecycle.
• Ability/experience in implementing test automation solutions using Selenium or CodedUI.
• Familiarity with Oracle Database and PL/SQL tools.
• Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
• Self-starter and works effectively with minimal direction
• Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide variety of individuals.
• Ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
• Prior experience working with Scrum.
• 8+ years of overall industry experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Job Level:Individual Contributor