Hybrid Cloud Engineer
RecruiterDNA | DevOpsDNA
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate professional for a Cloud Engineering position with extensive experience with AWS and Azure cloud services. This role will assist in implementing and supporting cloud solutions on MS Azure and Amazon AWS.
Your skills are broad – Architecting and implementing cloud solutions for various application architectures, scripting, programmatic integration with other applications, database and other data services – and you easily transition between those and handle multiple projects and priorities.
The qualified applicant will be part of the team supporting the Hybrid Cloud Engineering. The role will focus on designing the banks Hybrid Cloud capability and in developing an orchestration platform for automated provisioning, management and scalability of hosts, containers, applications and cloud services.
Working in a close knit technical team, the role will:
- Implement the enterprise Hybrid Cloud capability and develop a cloud orchestration platform for automated provisioning, management and scalability of hosts, containers, applications and cloud services.
- Develop APIs and Webhook for multi-directional integration of cloud orchestration platform with system management systems, DevOps Tools and cloud platforms.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow internally defined security and compliance controls
- Design and plan enterprise-scale cloud environments including application dependencies, data storage and flow, network connectivity and overall cloud hosting
- Design, Implement and secure cloud IaaS, PaaS and higher services in AWS and Azure
- Develop and maintain up-to-date architectural templates, build and operational documents of the technical environment.
- Contribute to the implementation of a software defined datacenter for in-house cloud capabilities
- Work in close collaboration with Engineering, DevOps and CIO teams to develop Service Catalogues
- Continuously enhance the capability, security and experience of the enterprise Hybrid cloud experience.
Required Core Skills:
- 3+ years proven experience in setting, securing and managing public cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud provisioning and administration, cloud bursting, cloud interoperability, cloud disaster recovery and business continuity strategies, as well as performance measurement and monitoring in the cloud.
- 3+ years in AWS and AZURE IAM policy preparation for cloud Security
- Proficiency in cloud automation using AWS CLI, Azure CLI, Cloudformation and terraform.
- 3+ years of experience with system configuration and Devops tools preferably Ansible, Bitbucket, Git, Jira and Confluence.
- 3+ years of experience in API and Webhook development using Python, Ruby, PowerShell and Shell Scripting languages
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Operating Systems including OpenStack, OpenShift, VSphere
- Experience with setup and management of a software driven network, storage and compute and proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment.
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Scrum agile processes
- Strong Interpersonal and communication Skills
- A critical thinker with strong research and analytics skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Able to work under tight timeline and deliver on complex problems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends and nights) as needed.
Posted On: Tuesday, April 10, 2018