Manager -Software Development
- Seattle, WA
The ideal candidate should be coming from a strong development background with recent management/supervisory experience and be able to actively participate in architectural reviews, code reviews, and demonstrate industry best practices.
- Own end-to-end responsibility of the Tools Software Development team, including hiring, promoting, developing talent, managing performance, and planning work assignments.
- Serve as a role model to the team. Adhere to the standards of professionalism and integrity. Ensure all members of the team follow all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Actively participate in the product life cycle for new products.
- Analyze existing legacy products and bring them up to modern standards as required by business needs.
- Work closely with Systems Engineering, Product Management, and other internal customers to solidify overall requirements.
- Closely facilitate working with our operational team for buy-in into our architectural strategy.
- As needed, communicate with our customers, partners, and vendors, to promote the interests of the business.
- Keep up-to-date on technology that is pertinent to our business and actively share that knowledge with other team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science or related Technology/Engineering discipline from an accredited four-year college.
- Minimum of two years’ experience managing/supervising a small team of dedicated developers.
- Track record of delivering new releases/features on time, budget and with no major defects.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of Object-Oriented techniques (OOP/OOD).
- Experience with IP and TCP/SCTP protocols.
- Experience working within an agile team and thorough understanding of the software development life-cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with the performance benchmarking of Java and/or C++ server applications.
- Experience with projects requiring heavy unit and development testing as core quality contributions.
- Experience with relational databases as well as NoSQL ones such as MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Prior hands-on experience with the Atlassian tools (Jira, etc.).
- Exposure to Splunk.
- Experience working in the telecommunications industry and Public Safety.
- Familiar with XML and JSON data formats.
- Previous exposure to writing and debugging Tomcat servlets with front-ended Apache web servers.
- Exposure to Angular 2 and TypeScript.
- Designing and building Spring Boot based applications with Keycloak enabled authentication front-ends.
- DevOps experience (including OpenStack), using Kubernetes and Docker as well as Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CI/DI)
Saturday, February 23, 2019