DevOps Cloud Engineer II
- Columbus, GA
DevOps Cloud Engineer
As a member of our cloud team, you’ll build solutions for AWS cloud integration, cloud management, monitoring and data center automation around platforms that support the world’s largest financial enterprises.
Our platforms, networks, security architecture and partner integrations present technically challenging scalability and performance problems, so you’ll need a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, and an ability to solve complex problems, collaborating with peers across multiple cross-functional teams. Some other things you’ll do regularly include:
- Develop, deploy and support self-service tools in an Agile methodology that enable network, database, application and other engineers to get things done in AWS and within in our on-premise infrastructure.
- Setup network, storage and security environments, leveraging an “infrastructure as code” approach. We use Hashicorp and other open source tools.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architectures.
- Develop and streamline resource metering and management tools across both AWS and on-premise cloud environments.
Qualifications for the DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field.
- Experience with AWS technology stack is a plus (including EC2, EC2 Container Service, Network, VPC, Cloudformation, Cloudtrail, ELB, S3/EBS, RDS, etc.). AWS certified engineers will receive maximum consideration.
- Broad technology background with an understanding of VMware server virtualization, Cisco UCS Compute, Database, Storage and Networking.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to efficiently scale applications in the production environment using Jenkins, Bitbucket and JIRA
- Ability to break down requirements and get things done.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team and practice open communication both written and verbal.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business / Management Information Systems or related field
- Typically a minimum of 4 years - Professional Experience In Coding, Designing, Developing, And Analyzing Data. Typically has an advanced knowledge and use of one or more front / back-end languages / technologies and a moderate understanding of the other corresponding end language / technology from the following but not limited to; two or more modern programming languages used in the enterprise, experience working with various APIs, external Services, experience with both relational and NoSQL Databases.
Tuesday, December 4, 2018
65,000. - 105,000.