Provides professional nursing services.
Assesses the needs of patients and initiates, implements and evaluates individualized plans of care. Collaborates with other professional, clinical and ancillary staff in providing quality care to patients.
MISSION & VISION:
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Our vision is to achieve: Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value Easy access and convenience Outstanding patient experiences Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Education and Experience: The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana. Candidates hired after January 1, 2014 must have or obtain a BSN within three years of employment as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge & Skills:
1. Demonstrates a high level of knowledge and competency in performing nursing care procedures, assessments, treatment and techniques.
2. Demonstrates advanced analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems and make decisions related to patient care.
3. Demonstrates the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients, visitors, physicians and others.
4 . Demonstrates ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
5. Requires an understanding of the need to be responsive and reasonably adaptable for scheduling purposes, when necessary, due to extenuating circumstances in support of co-workers and department functions.
6. Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated.
1. Works in a patient care environment requiring physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, and certain undesirable patient care activities.
2. May be exposed to bio-hazards.
3. Must be able to report to work location within 30 minutes when on call.
Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.