Software Engineer II
- Plano, TX, United States
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to the original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make a quick repair to keep the application in production.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Must have hands-on experience developing in Java/JEE (Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with RESTful API’s and Web Services
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- At least 2 years of experience in writing SQL queries for relational databases
- Experience with AWS (e.g. S3, EC2, DynamoDB) is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Wednesday, July 11, 2018