Application Development Lead (Mortgage Industry)
- Bethesda, MD
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
- 8 years of related work experience
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience of hands-on Java design and development
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience implementing Java open source frameworks like Springboot, JPA, Spring Batch etc.
- A minimum of 8 years with relational databases such as Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL) and SQL Server (Transact SQL)
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Hands-on Information Systems design and development
- Experience in defining current and target state architectures, transition architectures and roadmaps
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks like TOGAF, DoDAF, FEAF etc
- Experience of solutioning for projects using Agile methodology
- Experience with ETL and any reporting tool like Tableau
- Ability to work with both senior management level executives, development and architecture teams
- Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future.
- Assess and coordinate "trade-off" decisions made for a proposed design to confirm criticality to project timelines
- Mortgage Industry knowledge experience a plus
- TOGAF Certification or a good understanding of TOGAF
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
106,000 - 180,000.