Director Enterprise Data and Analytics (APLA - Asia Pacific Latin America)
RecruiterDNA | DevOpsDNA
- Portland, OR
If you’re ready to innovate and lead our Enterprise Data and Analytics organization, come join us now! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a data and analytics landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
Your Role on the Team
As a APLA Director Enterprise Data and Analytics you will report directly to the Sr. Director & Geography Head of Enterprise Data & Analytics and be a member of the Nike Enterprise Data & Analytics Management team (MT). This role is integral to the success of our Data & Analytics offense and our businesses in APLA and will lead a highly visible, strategic team focused on delivering world class analytics and insights in APLA through scalable & elegant solutions that our business partners will crave.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partnering with a team of data scientists, business analytics managers and visualization experts to build a data & analytics strategy that supports APLA’s business growth
- Partnering with the Global and Geography Technology teams, deliver scalable, ‘bleeding edge’, technology solutions that push the boundaries of what our business can do today and accelerate the change in how we operate in local geographies and key cities
- Ensure alignment across both the APLA Analytics team and Global Analytics Leadership teams
- Be part of the APLA Technology Leadership team and advise them on Analytics strategies and operational capabilities
- Understand the APLA business goals/challenges/needs, IT strategies, and industry trends to develop comprehensive strategies
- Manage a team of product owners, data engineers, visualization experts and scrum-masters
- Evangelize data and analytics capabilities within the business to help drive adoption of data-driven decision making and automation.
- Lead Team through annual process of creating, maintaining, and implementing the APLA Analytics Technology Portfolio
- Manage your portfolio project budgets and scope, and will conduct resource planning for risks that are proactively identified.
- Deliver on and help accelerate Nikes transition to cloud based technologies and platforms
Proven track record of:
- Leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others
- Thinking and planning strategically, with ability to communicate the strategy to a large organization
- Delivering complex, cross functional technology projects and/or programs
- Pulling a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions
- Creating innovative data products and solutions, using the most recent technologies
- Evangelism of technology & data/analytics capabilities with business executives to solve their toughest challenges
- Strong skills in team leadership and building positive business partner relationships
- Strong networking skills and ability to work across multiple organizations to accomplish diverse goals
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Management
- 7+ years in data and analytics engineering, business, data science or data product owner roles
- 3+ years in leading teams in increasing size and scope
- 3+ years providing technical leadership to business & cross-functional teams
- Hands-on data or analytics engineering experience with ‘big data’ based technologies and platforms
- Working knowledge of and/or experience working with cloud technologies and migration of tools/platforms from on-prem to the cloud
- Demonstrated understanding of data and analytical business capabilities, including applications in machine learning/AI and data science
- Strong communication, evangelism skills enabling you to lead by influence
- Experience working in large global organizations
Yes, 5 % of the Time
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
20% or higher
Are you open to sponsorship?
Thursday, April 26, 2018