Sr. Training Specialist (Operational Risk)
- Washington, DC
Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing advanced assignments related to planning, acquiring, and conducting highly complex training programs that assist employees in gaining technology skills and subject matter knowledge specifically related to job requirements. Confer with management to determine training needs. Assess skill and relevance of commercial training contractors and evaluate their performance with the organization's employees. Track or maintain employees' skill inventories after completion of specific programs. Exercise independent judgment in conducting research and determining methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May operate in a lead or supervisory role.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design and implement company-wide or business unit training programs to enhance staff effectiveness and meet business needs. Determine objectives and instructional methodologies, delivery systems, and results measurement.
- Assess critical business issues. Provide analysis to ensure that implementation of new training programs is in accordance with business unit or corporate requirements. Present insights and learning. Advise management of significant findings.
- Facilitate complex training sessions or oversee their delivery by an external facilitator. Provide guidance or assistance to external facilitators as needed.
- Design, develop, and maintain metrics to track, monitor, and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
- May design training programs and provide training to external audiences, including customers.
- Provide guidance and assistance to less experienced training specialists.
- May lead or perform projects at the highest level of complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Training assessment, development, facilitation skills
- Skills assessment abilities
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong analysis skills
- Risk Management skills
Monday, December 3, 2018