Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician
Devoted Placement LLC
- Charlotte, NC
Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician Position
We are currently looking for top notch-Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician who will monitor the monitoring notifications, and provide intervention and/or alerting and escalation.
The ideal candidate should be patient, proactive, with the drive and determination to learn about emerging network technologies.
- Perform real-time systems monitoring of the server / network infrastructure hardware and operating systems using NOC toolsets.
- Use the NOC toolsets to provide basic troubleshooting, initial triage, and escalation as needed.
- Verify electrical power at sites experiencing outages by contacting on-site personnel and utility service providers.
- Report leased network circuit outages to the appropriate carrier / provider.
- Implement City network device and server changes that are within process change management workflow procedures if so agreed upon.
- Provide weekly / monthly / annual reporting of server / network related activities.
- Incorporate updates into the NOC operations guide
- BS Computer Science or Information Technology a plus.
- Network Operations Center (NOC) experience required
- NOC and Managed Service Solutions - Auvik, Nagios, Cherwell
Sunday, February 23, 2020