- Easley, SC
Careers with our clients through DHG Search
Our manufacturing client is looking to add a Plant Controller to their team to lead the daily administration of the plant's accounting and finance activities. The Plant Controller also partners with multiple cross-functional team members both at corporate and the respective plant/business unit.
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts on a recurring basis, including posting monthly journal entries, completing account reconciliations, providing variance analysis and investigating discrepancies.
- Conduct month and year-end closing processes, reconcile and balance all accounts and review monthly journal entries.
- Provide cost accounting expertise for manufacturing operations.
- Monitor average contribution margin by product and investigate variances.
- Prepare and present the monthly financial statements package and analytical reports as needed.
- Ensures GAAP is incorporated within the management of the business.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are developed and maintained and that the controls are documented and updated as needed.
- Develops budget and forecasting
- Develops, monitors and analyses manufacturing overhead allocations and burden rates to ensure appropriateness.
- Maintains and develops new Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as needed and requested by the business/operations.
- Assist in developing more effective workflows and processes as well as documenting where necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and/or cycle counts taken throughout the year including documentation of variances and identification of areas for improvement.
- Assist in the management and implementation of various aspects of the ERP system as needed.
- Document and maintain a system of internal controls including written policies and procedures.
- 4-year BS degree in Accounting
- CPA, MBA or CMA is desired
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment to include cost accounting, budget, forecasting, work flow, KPI, physical inventory and inventory controls.
Monday, March 8, 2021