Senior Investment Accountant
- Charlotte, NC
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
Our client is seeking a talented Senior Investment Accountant to assist with operations, accounting, and reporting functions as it relates the Company’s general account investment portfolio. Candidates should have strong oral and written communication skills, and experience with insurance investment accounting.
- Work closely with Company’s third party accounting service providers to ensure accounting and reporting of investments is performed accurately and timely.
- Prepare journal entries related to cash and investments.
- Prepare investment accounting reports as needed to support finance, actuarial, tax, and investment department needs.
- Perform reconciliations of monthly ledger balances back to sub-ledger systems.
- Prepare and perform analysis to assist in the review of reasonability of results.
- Assist with research and analysis over correct accounting treatment for new investments.
- Assist with preparing Statutory and GAAP quarterly/annual financial statements.
- Assist with requests from auditors and/or state examiners.
- Other items as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-7 years of experience in insurance investment accounting.
- Knowledge of various investment types including bonds, mortgage loans, derivatives and limited partnerships.
- Knowledge of US GAAP rules for investments required. Knowledge of US STAT rules for investments strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust quickly in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to change priorities to meet critical deadlines.
- Position requires proficiency and accuracy in using computer system databases.
- MS Word and Excel spreadsheet skills are required.
- Experience with Clearwater for Investment Accounting or other investment accounting systems is preferred.
Thursday, April 21, 2022