Tax & Finance Senior
- Charlotte, NC
CAREERS WITH OUR CLIENTS THROUGH DHG SEARCH
Tax & Finance Senior – Charlotte NC
We have partnered with a global manufacturing leader in support of their search for a Tax and Finance Senior to provide team leadership in their North American office, which is in Charlotte NC. The Tax & Finance Senior is a blended role and will oversee both tax and finance team members and will report to the NA Director of Finance.
The Tax & Finance Senior will oversee the tax department, coaching and developing the team, implementing policies and procedures and increasing operational efficiencies. He or she will ensure strict compliance and accuracy in the preparation and filing of the corporate taxes for multiple entities across North America. Finance related responsibilities will include preparation of monthly forecasting data, development of annual budgets and ongoing monitoring of key performance metrics for various divisions.
The Tax & Finance Senior will develop, implement and manage various tax plans, identifying process improvement potential, highlighting possible risk and developing mitigation techniques, including monitoring tax regulation to ensure company policies and corporate strategy are appropriately updated.
- Implement and maintain control of the tax process, developing improved processes and procedures and implementing changes as needed to ensure ongoing compliance
- Review G/L accounts with regards to taxes for month-end and annual close
- Coordinate timing and inputs to develop the overall corporate tax return calendar
- Manage the preparation, review and accurate and timely tax filings for multiple U.S. and Canadian entities, including sales & use, personal property and other business-related tax filings
- Facilitate and manage various state tax and IRS audits: create schedules, prepare responses, etc.
- Support the internal audit and special tax project processes
- Support the month-end close process, performing variance analysis and reporting
- Develop and implement then review and validate dashboard metrics to ensure accuracy of reported info in relation to the general ledger
- Perform financial analysis and establish benchmarks to review against key business metrics, outlining highlights to determine progress against budgets and develop reports for management decision making
- Prepare monthly analysis of revenue, comparing against prior year and budget: cost of goods sold, operational expenses and labor costs, explaining analysis and advising solutions to mitigate risk and reduce costs at the unit level
- Review processes to identify and provide solutions with issues revolving around billing and collections, budgeting, cash management and forecasting as well as other corporate financial processes
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or Tax
- Active CPA license in good standing
- 5+ years of progressive tax and accounting/finance experience
- Working knowledge of tax laws and guidelines, transfer pricing documentation and IFRS
- Comprehensive knowledge of various software systems
Tuesday, May 4, 2021