Governance Manager - ERP System Implementation
- Asheville, NC
CAREERS WITH OUR CLIENTS THROUGH DHG SEARCH
Governance Manager – ERP System Implementation
We are engaged to hire a Governance Manager for one of our global manufacturing clients looking to replace their legacy ERP system. This position will oversee day to day project management activities such as project scope development, status and deliverables tracking, project risk management and overseeing activities of the 3rd party implementation partner. The Governance Manager will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with all business units and across locations (domestic and global), maintaining accountability for detailed planning, tracking/risk and significant design decisions and ensuring a successful implementation delivery that remains on schedule and within budget.
This position requires a background overseeing multiple large scale and complex ERP implementations – global implementation experience within the manufacturing industry is key and solid ERP architecture knowledge is required to provide sound guidance to internal project teams.
- Develop a POM agreed detailed project plan with identified task dependencies and critical path, based on requirements, objectives, deliverables and proposed solution
- Collaborate with functional teams, communicating effectively and in a clear fashion to continually manage expectations and ensure successful completion of deliverables, assisting in coordinated management of significant design decisions
- Utilize MS Project to track status against plans/timelines and changing priorities from initiation through successful implementation and closeout, supporting and coordinating the project team members to drive progress
- Evaluate and track change requests to project scope, timeline and costs, reporting project status and assisting with preparation of steering committee presentations as required
- Support the identification and management of project risks and resolution of issues, including conflict within the project team
- Provide support with the management and oversight of Implementation Partner deliverables
- Extensive ERP System implementation experience with background utilizing MS Office Suites, Project and SharePoint to manage complex, higher risk projects end to end in global manufacturing environments
- Excellent communication, organization and planning skills with deep understanding and experience of project and risk management in industrial environments
- Highly motivated individual performing at a high level in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Solid time management, team coordination and cross functional leadership experience with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong presentation skills at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Business or Information Systems discipline
- 5+ years minimum experience with ERP implementations – manufacturing industry, global organization
- PMP Certification preferred
This is a very remote capable company so there is not requirement that the Governance Manager be onsite in Asheville, but an east coast presence is preferred due to the global nature of the business and daily working hours.
Realistically this role has a finite duration of just under two years so likely will be a “contract” position, but the client is open to a permanent employment situation, if it is understood and the selected candidate is on board with the limited duration timeframe.
Friday, June 11, 2021