Construction Division President
- Charlotte, NC
CAREERS WITH OUR CLIENTS THROUGH DHG SEARCH
Construction Division President – North Carolina
We have partnered with a unique and diverse organization and are seeking an experienced leader to join their team as President over the construction division. The President of Construction will manage and oversee the team responsible for multiple, concurrent construction projects across the country. He or she should have a comprehensive background in multi-unit retail and commercial construction which includes vast knowledge and expertise in the areas of real estate selection and acquisition, construction project scope/scheduling and pricing, GC and sub selection as well as strict brand standard compliance.
This role will provide training and oversight for project staff tasked with the execution of contracts administration, budgeting and cost tracking, procurement and delivery of site materials, as well resource allocation and management of change orders, scheduling and job quality.
The ability to assess and develop internal systems and processes is required, ensuring scalability and optimization of systems, maximizing business workflow by improving the construction development program efficiency from site selection through store opening. Develop and implement standard reporting metrics and KPIs to better manage the construction group business and the project staff through consistent and ongoing process-oriented training and evaluation.
As a member of the executive management team, the group President will provide leadership in the areas of strategic direction and policy development to spur ongoing company growth. A background that includes successful multi-unit retail and commercial or franchise industry experience is required, as are excellent references which will be verified.
- Manage a team of Senior and Project Managers and Coordinators, assigning tasks and overseeing accurate and timely execution of all project related administration, providing guidance and direction for ongoing career development of the team
- Develop, implement and maintain corporate processes and procedures, developing standard protocol in all areas of land selection and acquisition, scope and scheduling, vendor and contractor bidding processes, developing RFPs and bid packages through the successful completion of construction projects
- Communicate project expectations to the team, assigning work and ensuring contractors and vendors maintain compliance, developing procedures and securing procurement which aligns with an accurate and timely project schedule, ensuring scope and brand standards are met at all times
- Oversee staff negotiation of contractor and vendor agreements, ensuring ongoing compliance with customer brand standards and expectations, reviewing and approving invoices, verifying consistency with contract terms to execute payment and monitor costs against approved budget
- Continually review and monitor project scope, ensuring the schedule and budget remain accurate and that on-site project work is completed in a timely fashion
- Develop budget and manage costs and variance, executing monthly cost reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with professional presentation capabilities
- Highly organized, self-starter with solid analytical problem-solving skills and the ability to successfully multitask
- Must work well under pressure and with large, diverse teams who may have competing interests
- Able to schedule tasks, assign resources to manage and track project schedule, performance and deliverance, within the cost and scope requirements
- Expert level CRM systems experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in related field
- 7+ years of construction project management and client representation experience
- 5+ years of multi-unit retail construction or franchise development experience
- Demonstrated success utilizing systems to develop processes, procedures and standard protocol
- Ability to evaluate, coach and develop a team of high performing project and administration staff
Compensation range aligns with local market and salary offered will be commensurate with experience and may include base, bonus and other incentives.
Thursday, June 10, 2021